4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Hey Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great Blake. If you get to missin' the modn' I'll bring my truck down and you can have at it, I'll make sandwiches.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dmurdock
FYI Blake, if you haven't got them yet here are the part #'s for the cabin filter mod:

The door part # is 68052292AA
The filter is 5058693AA
Thank You Sir!

Originally Posted by ranchertx
Blake that dealer is about 30 minutes from us. Hope you were satisfied, they have a bad reputatin down here for baiting people.
Nice looking truck. Check out the Tough Country front replacement. (Bull bar style) I put one on my truck and it looks great and did nopt affect the mileage.
Im not overly impressed with Port Lavacas Dodge, and I didnt even have to deal with them. Acadiana Dodge did all the leg work for me. PL Dodge was very uncooperative and all they did was drag their feet on paperwork when Acadiana Dodge was trying to get the truck delivered to me as soon as possible. I was SUPPOSED to take delivery of the truck before Jan 3rd, which is when about 4500 bucks worth of Dodge rebates expired, well, PL Dodge managed to blow that out of the water. Acadiana Dodge, once again being the great dealer they are to me, honored the original price and they ate the lost rebates. I, personally, wouldnt deal with PL Dodge at all.

Originally Posted by dieseloutlaw1
Alright guys, I am looking into upgrading into a 4th gen, My question is I have no experiance with the 3:73, auto combo. What is this combo like towing heavy, over 20k. I don't tow 20k everyday, but at least once a week, my everyday load is 8k. I now have 4:10, auto now. The 2010's I've driving drive awesome!! Looking forward to getting one, no dealer will let me tow anything, of course the salesman tells me I wont know its there, so I'm lost.
If you keep the stock size tires you will be just fine. I towed around 10k with my 08 and the 68/3.73 combo with 35" tires and while it did pull, it was thristy and not quite in the right power band.

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
Blake, I think your truck looks really nice, both inside and out, so don't take this next comment as an insults,

Why the heck could they not figure out a way to dress that stick shift up alittle more, like a nice leather wrapped know or chrome with a gold etched pattern(like a Pete 379x)
You know, you are right. A nice leather wrapped shifter would have been a nice touch.

Originally Posted by rammin sammy
Looks great Blake. If you get to missin' the modn' I'll bring my truck down and you can have at it, I'll make sandwiches.
Sure thing, but it aint got a thousand miles on it yet and Im already scheming......

Gonna shake a few more bolts loose first though.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by dmurdock
Air filter is in the lower box...open it up then squeeze each retaining tab towards the center (the 2 tabs that stop it from opening any further) and the glovebox just falls out. Here's another picture I took that should give you a better idea:

Thanks

Old 01-12-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
Blake, I think your truck looks really nice, both inside and out, so don't take this next comment as an insults,

Why the heck could they not figure out a way to dress that stick shift up alittle more, like a nice leather wrapped know or chrome with a gold etched pattern(like a Pete 379x)

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 AM
The Guru

I have been wanting to mod my truck and see how much power you can get out of the truck. The stock G56 clutch will start to slip with any real power increase.

Mr Blake, so you aggree with us about the issues with the nav system? See why now? Just go for a drive in the city and try.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:22 AM

Well, I have the Garmin Nav system, and its awesome in stock form. Its a bit different than the old nav system. Not sure if they even make a lock pick for it yet.

Oh and the new Mygig 430 radio can rewind Sirius, that is just filled with awesome!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:52 AM
The Guru

I'm bad, I forgot that there is a new radio for the 11 truck. Sounds like a good deal. Have you pulled any trailers with the truck? Curious what you think going from the 08 to 11? I hooked up my 5th wheel trailer just about right off the dealer lot. Best thing for the truck.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I'm bad, I forgot that there is a new radio for the 11 truck. Sounds like a good deal. Have you pulled any trailers with the truck? Curious what you think going from the 08 to 11? I hooked up my 5th wheel trailer just about right off the dealer lot. Best thing for the truck.
You didn't do the 500 mile break in??

Me neither...28K lbs with 200 miles...break it in like it's gonna get run!
Chris
Old 01-12-2011, 08:11 AM
The Guru

I hooked up my 12k RV and drove into a 50mph head wind. I didn't even have 200 miles on mine. Worked good, must have got 9mgp on it though

No gauges, my air horn went from that nice pretty grey color to that sickly yellow color. My EGR to EGR cooler crosstube also changed color.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 AM

I havent got to tow with it yet. B&W only got put in yesterday morning and then I left for workl

Im itching to tow with it bad though. I think that the G56/3.73 combo is gonna be awesome.

Just ran and filled it up to do a hand calc on the milage.

287.5 miles on 22.01 gallons

13.06 mpg.

Interestingly enough, the EVIC was showing 12.9. Did I luck up and get one that is accurate?

90% of that was 75 to 78 mph at 2200 and 2300 rpm.

Broke in and deleted Im expecting 16 to 16.5 and with that steep of gearing, Ill be more than satisfied.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
The Guru

So what you think of the larger fuel tank. I went from a 28 gallon to a 34gallon. I like the larger tank for the longer trips, but I hate the bill for the fill. I think you'll be close to the 18mpg once the engine loosens up, you guys running winter fuel or summer stuff?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 AM

Summer stuff. Dont get cold enough down here for winter blend.

I like the larger tank. Soon as the bedliner gets sprayed my 45 gal aux tank is going in with the gravity feed kit. Just peeked under the truck and I dont think that there is enough rubber hose to install the gravity feed kit like i wanted. May have to pull the metal part and weld it in.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Well, I have the Garmin Nav system, and its awesome in stock form. Its a bit different than the old nav system. Not sure if they even make a lock pick for it yet.

Oh and the new Mygig 430 radio can rewind Sirius, that is just filled with awesome!

is that the 430N?? That what mine is coming with hope thats the same as yours.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by redlineguy
is that the 430N?? That what mine is coming with hope thats the same as yours.
Sure is.

The uconnect works perfect with my iphone. I have a 30g ipod connected in the glove box and that works flawlessly too. Also like being able to give voice commands.

Most frivolous thing in the truck that I thought was ridiculous but have learned to love in a matter of a few days. Leather Heated Steering Wheel. Full of Win!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM
The Guru

The steering wheel getting more important as the outside temperature drops. I like when you use the remote start, dodge turns on the seats heaters and the steering wheel.

I've been meaning to pull the fuel pick-up out and run a second hose into the top. I want to run a fass150 pump and want to run the return line into the stock pick-up. I don't like the idea of using a hole saw on the fuel tank. I have a spare fuel pick-up unit with a 5/8 home made draw straw.

I have 30 gallon slip tank I've been meaning on using but I use most of the bed for hauling stuff already. Things you don't have to worry about with a long bed truck.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys!