4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Hey Guys!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
The air filter mod I will do.

Lock picking I dont really see the need, and its already coming with a reverse cam.

Deleting is a given, (Im gonna be a Smarty Holdout though)

Lift kit, nah... I want a pullin truck, not a showin truck.
Just wait till you start daily driving the truck buddy. Trust me, it builds from the first drive. I told myself that my truck was going to stay stock. The first nav search with the nav unit, of course driving somewhere important and in a hurry, you'll understand why you need lock pick. As for a lift, its just kooler and makes for a one off unique ride. I don't have a lift in mine and probably will never do, as I haul my quad in the bed. To me its to much fight that extra height to fight to throw stuff into the bed, but I do like the 6in lift long arm look with the 20in's. One day I guess, I only have three mods done so far.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OK fellas, you got me questioning some things?? Cabin Filter mod, never even knew the truck had one. What is a NAV lock pick?

Blake, not stealing the thread but I want to stay in touch with your truck build and have never even heard of the above mentioned.>?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM
The Guru

lockpic system, watch the video, it helps explain things
http://www.coastaletech.com/REC_LOCKPICK.htm

The in-cab air filter is around $20-30 for the parts, from dodge. Just tell them you want parts for a 2010 dodge caliber in-cab filter+door.

As for the delete, H&S only programmer out there.

As for lifts, lots and lots of choices.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM
'Little Blake'

Blake, seriously, If my phone rings again saying "Hey dude, we got like 2 days to put my truck completely to stock, oh and we doing full deletes on your truck" Which, do not get me wrong, when I hung up from that phone call I was so ecstatic that my wife almost called 911, But PLEASE PLEASE let my poor little hands heal before we go elbows deep into another truck LOL! Have you made up your mind on Cali or Full? And I'm with ya on the Smarty, Id wait too.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 AM
The Guru

A few guys are running the beta stuff for smarty. Haven't heard that much about it. I'll giver a try once the full verision comes out. I was supprised how easy/quick you can delete a truck, kinda like it was suppose to happen. Nice truck buddy, hopefully you can keep away the dents.

As soon as Mr Blake, sits in the truck, the mind will go into overdrive (H&S plug) on the mods. I bet you would hardly breathe in that new car smell, first mod... Hah
Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Well guys, Ive got it. Cant say hes a she, cause man this thing has.....

Well you get the idea. The G56/3.73 combo will be a towing beast.

The Laramie is by far the nicest truck I have ever sat in. Its on par with any King Ranch Ive ever seen. I loved my mega, it was a good truck, but this one is just heads and shoulders above it in creature features. The seats are just so much more comfy. Im in love, thats for sure.

All I have for now is some crappy snapshots. Ill get some better later. Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Name:  DSC07328.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  118.3 KB

Name:  DSC07330.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  137.2 KB

Name:  DSC07326.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  105.8 KB

Old 01-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Now that is a sweet looking rig!

Congrats!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 AM
The Guru

Took you guys long enough to find about how good the new truck is. Same color as my truck. Nicey one bro, I like how well the shifter fits in.

Now its time to wake her up with the black maxx bro...
Old 01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Blake, How do you like the factory step rails? I feel as if they could be a little lower on the truck. Every time I get in mine my foot hits the truck door sill. They are also pretty hard to stand on when washing the truck. Let me know what you think? Maybe there is a way to fit some spacers in there with longer bolts?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM

No way to lower them the way they mount now unless you make custom brackets.

FYI Blake, if you haven't got them yet here are the part #'s for the cabin filter mod:

The door part # is 68052292AA
The filter is 5058693AA

Name:  Filter03.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  69.6 KB
Old 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Well guys, Ive got it. Cant say hes a she, cause man this thing has.....

Well you get the idea. The G56/3.73 combo will be a towing beast.

The Laramie is by far the nicest truck I have ever sat in. Its on par with any King Ranch Ive ever seen. I loved my mega, it was a good truck, but this one is just heads and shoulders above it in creature features. The seats are just so much more comfy. Im in love, thats for sure.

All I have for now is some crappy snapshots. Ill get some better later. Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Blake that dealer is about 30 minutes from us. Hope you were satisfied, they have a bad reputatin down here for baiting people.
Nice looking truck. Check out the Tough Country front replacement. (Bull bar style) I put one on my truck and it looks great and did nopt affect the mileage.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by dmurdock
No way to lower them the way they mount now unless you make custom brackets.

FYI Blake, if you haven't got them yet here are the part #'s for the cabin filter mod:

The door part # is 68052292AA
The filter is 5058693AA

Thats in the glove box?? Upper or lower one??

Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM

Alright guys, I am looking into upgrading into a 4th gen, My question is I have no experiance with the 3:73, auto combo. What is this combo like towing heavy, over 20k. I don't tow 20k everyday, but at least once a week, my everyday load is 8k. I now have 4:10, auto now. The 2010's I've driving drive awesome!! Looking forward to getting one, no dealer will let me tow anything, of course the salesman tells me I wont know its there, so I'm lost.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Blake, I think your truck looks really nice, both inside and out, so don't take this next comment as an insults,

Why the heck could they not figure out a way to dress that stick shift up alittle more, like a nice leather wrapped know or chrome with a gold etched pattern(like a Pete 379x)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Air filter is in the lower box...open it up then squeeze each retaining tab towards the center (the 2 tabs that stop it from opening any further) and the glovebox just falls out. Here's another picture I took that should give you a better idea:

Name:  Filter02.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  65.9 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey Guys!