4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Fiat trucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know what FIAT stands for "Fix- It-Again- Tony". Good bye to Chrysler as we knew it.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:50 AM

slow2run - if you really are who you say you are....

How about ensuring the front end suspension components are designed, engineered, and built to ensure the ELIMINATION OF THE RISK OF 'DEATH WOBBLE'. If you really are a member of the Chrysler advisory board, I'd be very surprised if you haven't 'heard' of this little anomaly that seems to affect many of your finely engineered trucks whether stock or modified. If you're not aware of this phenomenon, click this link to review the over 500 threads just on this message board about this dreaded occurrence.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 AM

And another thing - I think Chrysler's elimination of the lifetime powertrain warranty was a very bad idea. I think it should have been expanded to include some of the other items in your product line, such as diesels (non-commercial use) and the SRT models.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM

three simple words: DIESEL POWER WAGON!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:53 PM

The most important thing that can be done is honest service. I would buy a 2010, but with the dishonest service forget it. Otherwise, they are on the right track. I like rear fog lights.

Pete
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 AM

How bout' some technology from your Ferrai brand? Maybe a ground effects diffuser? Just kidding.

The best thing you can do for yourselves is keep the bullet proof Cummins powertrain focusing less on BHP and more on fuel economy at current torque levels. I use my 3500 Ram pulling 4 x 4 heavy loads in back country off road ranch conditions. The 08's powertrain is more than sufficient.

Maintaining better reliability over the competition scores higher for me than touting the latest electronic gizmo or, styling add on. Adding a European rear two stage red fog lamp is a good safety feature but, big picture, Fiat must continue build heavy duty trucks that focus more on being the best durable truck on the market in extreme conditions versus building town mall cruisers.

And, there is price. The current sale practice of marking them up and marking them down never made much sense to me. Given my remote location, I don't have time to dither with sales people when I buy/trade my trucks. Market the trucks at what you're really prepared to sell them for.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned

how bout a seat belt dinger that lets you get out, open a gate, and drive through the other side without naggin ya... should give ya a 40 foot buffer.......... maybe longer if you have a towing package as these rigs can get long, and plenty of pickemup drivers deal with gates all the time.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
how bout a seat belt dinger that lets you get out, open a gate, and drive through the other side without naggin ya... should give ya a 40 foot buffer.......... maybe longer if you have a towing package as these rigs can get long, and plenty of pickemup drivers deal with gates all the time.
This is one of the many features I had disabled when my truck was new. The light comes on, but there is no more bells. I also had the dealer disable the lights-flash and the horn chirp when using my key fob to lock my doors. There are about eight other things I had addressed when I took it in for its 30 day maintenence check.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want a truck with gauges that actually function. Idiot lights don't do any good. I also think that an EGT gauge is a necessity for any diesel engine, stock or not.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by slow2run
If you goto www.youtube.com and type iveco , do take a look at the trucks like the discesa and other trucks, if you see some that you thank should come to the Ram or jeep brands , will you let us know and tell us why ?
youtube vid's are kinda tough to see features (like the rear fog lights). You must have something with better information that you can point us towards?!?!?!

Ok - bluntly - ugly. Old school Land Rover looking SUV's. Great for the style of off roading that is done over there, and in some US locale's. Seems that the front tires are placed a good foot forward of what we are used to on this side of the pond.

Bed heights look impractical for ag/industrial use, not to mention the low bed side heights.

I want to be able to order my truck with heavy duty upgrades like a tranny that is capable of double the stock power. I want to be able to get top of the line A/T tires on it. And heavy duty suspension components....I'd like to see a line that is NOT aimed at mall cruisers (like someone else mentioned) and more at the guy that works with his truck (not in the cab with a laptop).
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 AM

boxes must not be part of the cab... replaceable/removeable only... Avalanch and Ridgeline are NOT trucks... Would be too scared something would dent that affected the cab...
Old 11-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
How about a truck that gets 30 MPG?

A real truck, 1/2 ton, full sized with a CR 4cyl?

Build one, we will come.........in droves.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My opinion is Chrysler should have died a quite death in BK. Then the mighty Cummins could have went into "another brand". I know I won't buy another new one.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:59 PM

Talking

Glanced down in the shower today and saw the name on the drain is FIAT. I hope this is not a foreshadow of this truck going down the drain!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:00 PM

I would LOVE to see a Cummins Powered 1500.... I do not have the need for a Heavy Duty Truck BUT would like to be able to Tow my Boat to the Beach and get 14 to 16 MPG..... Truck needs to get 23+ on Highway with no Load/trailer...... Choice of Tires when purchasing NEW..... Better LSD, and front end Man-Hubs.... Larger / SOLID Rear and Front axle on the 1500 Diesel for strength and durability..... Main thing is you better keep the Cummins Engines or your repeat customers that come back for the Cummins reliability will be gone down that drain with the lable FIAT....... Sales will cease to exist!

Quick Reply: Fiat trucks