4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

AutoEnginuity is well worth the money

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 11:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
If your radio isn't equipped with nav, I don't see how this or any tool will turn it on. Not sure what truck you have, but I upgraded my stock non-touch screen radio to the mygig RHR (2012 Model). That is a nav radio; what I enabled is the turn by turn instructions on the evic. The nav worked perfectly fine before enabling it on the evic...it just works that much better.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 6.7L MegaCab
If your radio isn't equipped with nav, I don't see how this or any tool will turn it on. Not sure what truck you have, but I upgraded my stock non-touch screen radio to the mygig RHR (2012 Model). That is a nav radio; what I enabled is the turn by turn instructions on the evic. The nav worked perfectly fine before enabling it on the evic...it just works that much better.
it's built in to the newer trucks, but not enabled.

so you have to pay $695 to have it enabled.

I don't use mine much, i think it's foolish to use outdated maps on purpose, when you can use GOOGLE maps which are updated constantly,

but I got lost twice in the same neighborhood this weekend, and in my wifes Chevy, we just used the picture on the screen to figure out how to get out.

in my truck, i had to follow another guy out, but he took me out on the other side of town, so i had to backtrack across town to get home

in other words, it's a useful tool...but not THAT useful. this seems like it will do multiple things , like my TPMS warrnings are at 80 psi, i like to run 50psi unless i am towing.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:01 AM

What year of truck are you talking about. Your signature says you have a 2006. I don't know much about the 2013+ trucks. However, a lot of the features are enabled/disabled in the TIPM. Just have to dig through nearly every menu to find it...which isn't a AE thing, the tool just pulls in every info available through the TIPM, CCN, ECM, etc.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 6.7L MegaCab
Your signature says you have a 2006. I don't know much about the 2013+ trucks. .
sorry! forget about that, i sold my 06 when fuel prices went up,
and just bought a 1 2015..

i think this would be IRT 2013~2015 because they can come with the 8 inch screen, but without Navi enabled.

it would also be nice to change the color on the radio, mine is a garish orange, just looks cheap. drove a durango other day, that radio was red, would be a nice change

tks
Old 02-19-2016, 11:12 PM

I did a little research on the 2013+ radios. It appears there are two versions in the 8.4 inch touch screen radios: 8.4A RA3 and 8.4AN RA4.

The RA4 is with navigation.

It appears the RA3 can be "upgraded" using a simple pin that only the dealer can activate. However the two systems are not the same.

The following link tells the difference between the two:
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/pages/...3-vs-8-4an-ra4

I wouldn't pay the dealer a dime...I'd sell your radio out right and buy the RA4 from the company above if you really wanted nav. Look into the lockpick adapter, last I checked (been a while) it has the ability to view your phone directly on the radio so you can use the nav on your phone, among other features.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't realize this thread was still going... I was hooked up to a 14 today and had a look around at the new systems since the "TIPM" option is gone. 90% of the stuff you can enable/disable is now in the "body control module" section which has a ton of sub menus. There are options to enable different stereo sales codes and such (didn't explore, just noticed them).

Originally Posted by 04ctd

i think this would be IRT 2013~2015 because they can come with the 8 inch screen, but without Navi enabled.

tks
My 12 doesn't have nav (or the 8.4, 13+) but I am picking up my 16 ecodiesel half ton next week which will have the 8.4 nav. I will connect and confirm any differences in options and report back.

edit: I just read the link posted by 6.7... Does your truck you want to enable nav on have the antenna on the roof for the GPS? That link says it shares the little black box on the roof with the satellite radio antenna, I could see that being an option that does simply need to be turned on if all the hardware is there.

Last edited by Rollin'_Coal; 02-20-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added info
Old 02-20-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rollin'_Coal
Does your truck you want to enable nav on have the antenna on the roof for the GPS? That link says it shares the little black box on the roof with the satellite radio antenna, I could see that being an option that does simply need to be turned on if all the hardware is there.
that's my understanding, if it has the big screen, it just has to have the Nav turned on, which is $695. I have several friends who work at Dodge dealers, and they say there is no way around it, without paying, so I assume that means you have to input a PIN # or software license key.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are looking to enable navigation on the 8.4a, look at navrepair.com. I activated mine through them for $499.99. Sent them my info they needed at 6am and had it activated by 10am.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ptm600
If you are looking to enable navigation on the 8.4a, look at navrepair.com. I activated mine through them for $499.99. Sent them my info they needed at 6am and had it activated by 10am.
good deal, thanks!

has directions right on the webpage how to punch it in...

https://navrepair.com/products/uconn...ctivation-code
Old 10-15-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think this program can enable the second alternator if you didn't have it originally?
Old 10-15-2016, 07:49 PM

Maybe. If the programming is handled through the TIPM. If it's the ECM, probably not.
The following users liked this post:
Bighorn98 (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 01:50 PM

was wondering if anyone would have insight on the following. I've been working with Chrysler for about 2 months now and have gotten no where. I have a 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Cummins and added oem folding mirrors and actually go the dealer to add the feature to the truck (sales code), they didn't get it to function but did have it added to the build list, I had to get it enabled by using AlfaOBD with MX dongle and was set. I decided to add a couple other features, I picked up a new body harness for a 2012 Laramie that allows for heated/cooled seats front and heated seats rear and swapped that out and added a set of 2012 front/rear leather seats with those capabilities and it was a plug and play in terms of functioning, the only issue is the lights on the control buttons do not illuminate, I added the control buttons as well both front and rear. I also added adjustable pedals for the wife which was a plug and play as well since the harness to plug in was right there however I have not been able to get that feature to function utilizing the AlfaOBD and the last bit I was trying to enable to SET was heated steering wheel since I added the button to the dash and my original build sheet indicated I have the correct steering wheel and likely the correct clock spring as well but AlfaOBD doesn't seem to offer that as a function to enable to SET either. I've reached out to AlfaOBD a couple times but have yet to get a response. My question is would someone be willing if I was able to pay for their time to enable the features I've listed above for my 2012 RAM? I was told some people have messed up their BCM when manipulating the software and figure it might be best to see if it's possible to have someone manipulate it rather than myself. I am in Southern California but travel through Nevada, Utah, Eastern Idaho, and Southwestern Montana with some frequency if that would make more sense. Thx, Matt
Old 10-13-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bighorn98
was wondering if anyone would have insight on the following. I've been working with Chrysler for about 2 months now and have gotten no where. I have a 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Cummins and added oem folding mirrors and actually go the dealer to add the feature to the truck (sales code), they didn't get it to function but did have it added to the build list, I had to get it enabled by using AlfaOBD with MX dongle and was set. I decided to add a couple other features, I picked up a new body harness for a 2012 Laramie that allows for heated/cooled seats front and heated seats rear and swapped that out and added a set of 2012 front/rear leather seats with those capabilities and it was a plug and play in terms of functioning, the only issue is the lights on the control buttons do not illuminate, I added the control buttons as well both front and rear. I also added adjustable pedals for the wife which was a plug and play as well since the harness to plug in was right there however I have not been able to get that feature to function utilizing the AlfaOBD and the last bit I was trying to enable to SET was heated steering wheel since I added the button to the dash and my original build sheet indicated I have the correct steering wheel and likely the correct clock spring as well but AlfaOBD doesn't seem to offer that as a function to enable to SET either. I've reached out to AlfaOBD a couple times but have yet to get a response. My question is would someone be willing if I was able to pay for their time to enable the features I've listed above for my 2012 RAM? I was told some people have messed up their BCM when manipulating the software and figure it might be best to see if it's possible to have someone manipulate it rather than myself. I am in Southern California but travel through Nevada, Utah, Eastern Idaho, and Southwestern Montana with some frequency if that would make more sense. Thx, Matt
About the only thing I've screwed up was the reported fuel tank size that made it appear my MPG were better than the most fuel efficient vehicle on the market lol.

In all honesty, it's kind of hard to screw anything up with the AE ScanTool. If you ever happen to be in Southern NM (Alamogordo area), I'll be more than happy to see what can be set and what's reporting. There are so many features hidden within pages of the software, so it takes some time go through to find the specific settings.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:11 PM

understood I appreciate it, I understand why people say just get a truck with those features etc but I like the truck and it's reliable as hell and does plenty the way it sits, I guess my other issue is I just have a tendency to want to modify sometimes too much
Old 10-13-2020, 02:22 PM

I'm with you 100% on that front! My truck is over 10 years old now with nearly 224K miles. I just got a new trans in it nearly 2 weeks ago now (I probably could have lugged the old one longer, but it was getting embarrassing barely maintaining 30-40 MPH on the mountain passes). The last mod I did was build a fuse/relay box that is tied to the factory switch bank that comes on the outfitter trucks. Next mod will be to swap for dually axles and leather seats (might have to give up the switch bank if I do that).

Quick Reply: AutoEnginuity is well worth the money