4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Another 2010 test drive!!

Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another 2010 test drive!!

OOOOH MY!! It was a 2500 crew cab long bed 4x4 SLT Big Horn, auto, dark blue. This thing was loooong! I just wanted to look and the salesman said "you want to drive it"? I told him yes but I'm not buying it!!

First, like has been said, the interior is awesome. I wish my 06 was like that. I have never driven a 6.7 6spd auto and let me say it is sooo much nicer than the ol' 48RE. The TQ converter feels tighter and the truck seems to excellerate easier and faster than my 06. The ride is great. The truck feels super solid. One thing I'm not sure about is now you see the hood sticking out in front. It made it seem like the front of the truck sits higher than the rear. I'm sure I'd get use to it.

I didn't play with all the buttons but some little things I noticed were...

The torsion assist makes the tailgate feel much lighter.
There are plastic stone guards on the rear of the wheel wells that wrap under the body to protect the paint. And they put the clear chip guard on the lower rockers.
The ignition key is now just a remote with no actual metal key on the end. You put it in the hole and twist. There is a metal key inside the remote that you can pull out to use in the locks if you need to.
The front lower control arms are now round tubes instead of welded rectangular tubes. Uppers are the same.

I know I can't have a new truck now so maybe I'll just go buy some cool stuff for my truck.