4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2010 The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally took a look at one. A nice truck but,,, take a long look at everything inside and out and all the smog, electronics, the underside and the whole $$$$$ package before you decide. I am keeping the '03. I thought there were many things to go wrong on mine, the '10 has things to go wrong that we don't even know about.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:57 PM
edc

Smile Right On

Originally Posted by Highway 4x4
I finally took a look at one. A nice truck but,,, take a long look at everything inside and out and all the smog, electronics, the underside and the whole $$$$$ package before you decide. I am keeping the '03. I thought there were many things to go wrong on mine, the '10 has things to go wrong that we don't even know about.
Well 4x4 that thought troubles me also. When I built up a boat for coastal cruising and fishing outside San Francisco I looked for and found a diesel that was all mechanical -- no electronics, that was 9 years ago, those days are over now. I knew if it would start it would keep running until I got back in the bay. I will buy a 2010 Dodge diesel but I am concerned about the complexity of the entire package -- if something breaks you better be able to get it back to the dealer and hope Dodge is still a company -- there is an awful lot of technology on these trucks that the local tractor mechanic is not going to be able to deal with. But it sure is sweet when it is all working and the hard disk plays a digital version of the Eagles "Take it Easy" while the NAV system gets you out of the desert and the computer tells the injectors when and how much fuel to inject. The Duramax seems even more complex to me so there is no where to run to unless you want to resurrect an older truck -- I am too old to be restoring trucks -- done that been there, besides I like all this crap when it works. When I buy, I will say a prayer that Dodge makes it.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Didn't the government guarantee GM and Chrysler warranties earlier this year? I'm pretty sure they did.

And it's not Dodge anymore it's RAM, RAM is owned by the union, Fiat and I believe the government.

If you think this engine is complex just go look under the hood of a Duramax or Powerstroke. Only thing more complex on this one compared to the 03-06 is the DPF and EGR. I looked under the hood of one for a few minutes and it doesn't seem cobbled up really. Heck acutally looks like the fuel filter is easier to change now.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
And it's not Dodge anymore it's RAM, RAM is owned by the union, Fiat and I believe the government.
That makes me want to go buy a used truck as opposed to giving my dollars to a union who got special consideration over investors!!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM
edc

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Didn't the government guarantee GM and Chrysler warranties earlier this year? I'm pretty sure they did.
Now you have me really worried --- Obama calling the shots on when a truck is worthy of being fixed . I wish I could settle for a Ford but based on my research and this forum -- Cummins rules.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by edc
Now you have me really worried --- Obama calling the shots on when a truck is worthy of being fixed . I wish I could settle for a Ford but based on my research and this forum -- Cummins rules.
Me too!!!!
If it wasn't for Cummins I probably wouldn't buy another Dodge.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM

haha, yeah you guys are right. scares me too. free obama doll with every truck .
Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 PM

I checked out the 10's. Nice features but I'm sticking with my 06.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Me too
Old 01-29-2010, 06:17 PM

Me too!!! and if my pinion seals start to leak again, I'll prolly go back to the Dark Side.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 PM

And the cup holders suck!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:34 AM

as do the bumps on the hood
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There really kind of ugly in my opinion. Plus I'm not sending any of my money to Fiat! And until GM isn't "government motors" they are out too. So I guess the only hope is Fords new Scorpion diesel is reliable and a hit.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by wiskeyVI
as do the bumps on the hood
What are the bumps on the hood???
I guess I haven't looked that close.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Actually I LIKE the new cupholders. There if you need them, gone if you don't. They fit my preferred travel mug like a glove.
The hood "louvers" are just for looks. Some will like, others will not. I don't care one way or the other about them.

Quick Reply: 2010 The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly