Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/)
-   -   What delete kit to buy (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/what-delete-kit-buy-299411/)

12valvewagon91 01-13-2012 10:08 AM

What delete kit to buy

Dad in law has a 10 2500, wants to do the delete kit to increase mileage, thats the only reason. Whos kit would you buy, and why? I am planning on a EGR delete, and a complete exhaust kit.

Also is there a kit that dosnt clear the HR meter?

Kasey

T210DRVR 01-13-2012 12:49 PM

I don't know about the hr meter. I do like my H&S tuner because the only thing that needs to come off is the DPF. The rest of the stuff doesn't have to come off it's simply disabled. If I need to take it back to the dealer for some kind of service the process of returning it to "stock" condition is much quicker.

Busboy 01-13-2012 03:22 PM

The H&S Mini max did NOT reset the hour meter on EVIC but I have been told that it resets it in the ECM and that is how the dealer can tell you have had a programmer installed. I too like the H&S stuff.

bdewey 01-14-2012 08:49 AM

H&S makes the best stuff for the 4th Gens in my opinion right now. They are a one stop shop for everything needed for a delete. Flo-Pro sells exhaust pieces or full exhaust kits also that are good. I installed the XRT Pro and it didnt reset my hr meter on my EVIC either not sure on the ECM though.

TurboPirate24v 01-31-2012 08:32 PM

I can't help but wonder why it isn't possible for a tuner to return the truck to stock ( at will ) and inject some type of fake data to suggest a tuner has never been there ... it is really the case that this isn't possible ( for the experts of the world ) to do this ?

New2Diesel 01-31-2012 10:49 PM

I believe that the interest is in performance more than it is returning the truck back to stock.

A company like H&S would have to go against all of their advertising to do something like that. Plus, they would not have a chance fighting an auto manufacture in court.

I think what they have now is 100% perfect. I would not trade my H&S for a warranty!!

Also, give it some time, MADS will find a way.

Beavermike 02-04-2012 03:35 PM

Sorry to hijack the subject, but what type of mileage increase do you typically get?

Stargeezer 02-04-2012 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Beavermike (Post 3074429)
Sorry to hijack the subject, but what type of mileage increase do you typically get?

That has to be the most asked question about deletes. The only answer is "it depends". It depends on a whole lot of stuff. How will you drive, are you changing tires &/or wheels, what are your gears, what all are you deleting, what is the terraine where you live, way too many questions for one answer. Best guess is 1.5 to 9mpg. Really. Read through the hundresd of posts each week and you'll see - it's a answer that is totally in your control, mostly or somtimes.[duhhh][duhhh][duhhh][duhhh]

I wish I could tell you a solid answer to this. I'm really sorry that I can't even get an answer for myself. So sorry that I'm going to be ordering the goodies next weekend and I will have a solid answer for one person, me. and I'm sorry that even after I tell what happened and if you were to do the very same things - your results would most likly not be the same.

Blake Clark 02-04-2012 07:47 PM

Honest hand calc milage increase on my 2008

16.0 on average factory, 19.5 after deletes, on the highway.

Aint spent enough time in the '11 since I delete to get any real numbers. (IE, kept my foot in it all the time for the two weeks I drove it [laugh])

Stargeezer 02-04-2012 08:24 PM

See what I mean. Where's the researcher in you, Blake? :) I know, you were reaserching how hard your back could be shoved into the seat. LOL Yeah, I know, I will too.................

Blake Clark 02-04-2012 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stargeezer (Post 3074514)
See what I mean. Where's the researcher in you, Blake? :) I know you were reaserching how hard your back could be shoved into the seat. LOL Yeah, I know, I will too.................

Im currently testing stress loads on the G56 and the 6.7 block.

:hehe:

Chuck Diesel 02-06-2012 11:41 AM

Any Update

Originally Posted by 12valvewagon91 (Post 3065316)
Dad in law has a 10 2500, wants to do the delete kit to increase mileage, thats the only reason. Whos kit would you buy, and why? I am planning on a EGR delete, and a complete exhaust kit.

Also is there a kit that dosnt clear the HR meter?

Kasey

Trying to get a little back on subject, Is there any update to what has been decided, done, anyting?

Thanks,

Stargeezer 02-15-2012 01:48 AM

Nothing heard so let me ask a question about the Sinister EGR kit. In it are two oval blockoff plates for the exhaust manifold ports. One that has a threaded plug in the middle. According to the instructions, there is nothing that gets screwed into this opening. Can this be used for the Pyro probe?

tcr 02-15-2012 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Stargeezer (Post 3078556)
Nothing heard so let me ask a question about the Sinister EGR kit. In it are two oval blockoff plates for the exhaust manifold ports. One that has a threaded plug in the middle. According to the instructions, there is nothing that gets screwed into this opening. Can this be used for the Pyro probe?

Yes, that's it's purpose.

Blake Clark 02-15-2012 03:53 AM

Do you guys ever sleep! And I thought I was addicted.... :hehe: