And It Starts..... - Page 11 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

And It Starts.....

Old 07-14-2013, 11:06 PM
The Guru

Here a few more pictures. I think that the 68RFE handled the new nozzles and the new twins fairly decently.

I ruined my supposedly built BD47re in my 02 truck with a HX40/BTH3B on the first outting.

Best of luck Corwin buddy.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen View Post
Here a few more pictures. I think that the 68RFE handled the new nozzles and the new twins fairly decently.

I ruined my supposedly built BD47re in my 02 truck with a HX40/BTH3B on the first outting.

Best of luck Corwin buddy.
Thanks bud it was fun and only a little bit of fine tuning and put the Wastegate kit on and she will be done for now. Will be taking it easy till I can get a tranny done.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:15 AM

Well had some issues with Valves and valve guides so off came the head and had it decked and new valve guides and also through in a set of Hamilton 103 Valve springs (the old 110's) and finally done now just waiting on some MCC tuning and doing some fine tuning with the waste gate but seems to be running good so far but have been taking it easy. The only thing left is tranny pan to install but have been working so haven't had time. But here are some pics of it together. Oh ya the S&B air box didn't fit very well so finally with enough emails to II and S&B they are designing a new air box for the II Add a turbo kit for the 4th gens. So anyone out there with this kit it should be another week or so hopefully then you can email or call II for the new box. I am keeping in contact with the guys and will keep you guys posted when they send me the new box so you guys can get yours as well.
Attached Thumbnails And It Starts.....-img_1036.jpg   And It Starts.....-img_1038.jpg   And It Starts.....-img_1037.jpg  
Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Figured it was time for a visit and to close the final chapter of the big black... well can't say that word here lol.

Around December, I caught the itch for a new truck. The '11 was paid off, and while it was starting to cost quite a few pennies in maintenance and repairs, it never did leave me or let me down and still impressed everyone who saw it.

Just got the fever for a new truck. So....

Traded the '11 in for what I thought was a fair price with its age and milage, 26k, and since it was paid off, that made for quite a nice down payment, on top of a great deal on a new truck.

2017 3500 Dually Laramie, with the 68RFE. And its stock, and staying stock. Nice and quiet and comfy and the dealer has to fix it. Besides, with the equity and extra payments I toss at it I can trade every three years and be well ahead of the game.

Pretty! and SO SHINY!

Well, got a random Facebook message which led to a phone call, seems the dealer wholesaled my truck and this fella found me via the registration. Talked for a while, well quite often actually, and he fell in love with the truck and bought it to haul his horse trailer.

Had many a convo with the guy, explaining the ins and the outs of the work and mods I had done. He adored the truck. Said it ran like nothing he ever experienced before, and impressed everyone who saw it.

Couple weeks after he had it, got a phone call from him. He was more than upset.

Cant blame him really, kinda broke my heart too.

Reckless teenage girl was driving and texting, not paying attention, crossed the center line and caught him right in the driver side duals. Rolled clean over. Thankfully no one was hurt, but my baby, as well as it was now his, was a total loss.

An unfit, and unfair ending, to what was a local legend.

While I do love my new one,

I sure do miss that truck.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:55 AM

Dang Blake - That sucks ****. Badly. Glad he made it out ok.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:43 AM

Always wondered how the 4th gen cab would hold up to the heavy engine in a roll over- not to shabby! For some reason alot of 2nd gen's have been involved in head on crashes around my parts- all of them the person in the truck was not at fault but completely demolished the other rig without even denting the front doors on the Dodge, must be the Dana 60 and the long ISB engine acting like a ram, no pun. sad for the other drivers but they were the ones who were at fault ;(