4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

RaceMe Ultra Installed!

Old 04-24-2017, 10:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
RaceMe Ultra Installed!

Picked the truck up today from the shop that did the install. Now I just have to learn to use it. The shop set the gauges to display RPM, EGT, Boost, and tranny temp. Will figure out how to swap the RPM for coolant temp as I'd rather monitor that. One thing I noticed is that the tranny temp on the RaceMe shows cooler that what the EVIC shows - is that dependent on where the temp is monitored? Not using a separate tranny temp gauge - just what comes from the OBD-II port.

Truck throttle response is much more, shall we say, responsive. Not sure what level it's set at (I told the shop when I took the truck in that I wasn't looking for extra power) but need to figure that out as well. Don't think they did the tranny tune so I need to do that as well.

Now I can't wait to hook onto the 15k fiver at the end of the month and head to Oregon (currently in NM).

Any hints/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Bob
Old 04-28-2017, 01:12 AM

Have answered a lot of my own questions. Being new to the tuner/delete world, I've been hesitant to mess around with anything. However, when I picked up the truck, I had no idea what tune had been loaded. Given the added power, I figured the default tune (90 hp), and since the tranny tune is optional I figured it hadn't been done at all. Since we tow a 15k fifth wheel, I was afraid of tranny damage with the increased hp and no tranny tune (potentially). So, I figured what the h***, I'll try to reprogram and be sure of what's been loaded. Turns out to be a no-brainer. Tune loaded in about 8 minutes (including tranny tune). Also figured out how to change the gauges.

Haven't taken it out for a test run with the programming that I installed (stock with deletes) but will in the next day or so. I can tell you that I love the diesel exhaust smell, and the exhaust note has definitely changed. No louder - just a deeper sound.

Regards,

Bob
Old 05-07-2017, 01:33 AM

UPDATE: Running the 30hp box tune,stock timing, rail pressure, turbo spool, and tranny tune. What a difference! Fuel mileage has greatly improved - where I was seeing 13-14 mpg mixed driving I'm now seeing 17. Throttle response is MUCH improved. Really wish I had done this sooner..,

Will be towing our fiver (+/- 15k) from New Mexico to Minnesota at the end of the month. May have to retune to stock with deletes, depending on Boost and EGT numbers. So far, this tuner rocks!

Regards,

Bob