4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

RaceMe - Is there a genuine member that has one installed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by magiriano
Any chance I can learn more or have mine retorqued?
Running SmartyMe on fuel economy with stock timing.
Originally Posted by nvr-enuf
Quick clarification - some people are saying "raceme" and others are saying "smartyme". I assume Raceme is an extension of MADS, is that correct?
People shouldn't post about Smarty (and it's variants) in this thread. They are marketed differently and contain different code and firmware. They're supported by different companies.

One is Mads Electronics / Smarty power and the other is RaceME. RaceME is run by Franz Huber in Austria @ www.raceme.eu

The firmware and code on the RaceME is not the same as the Smarty. I spoke with Brian at Smarty and he actually views the RaceME as a competitors product. As for Marco, the head of Mads, I would have to believe the RaceME product is supplied either by him or by folks who buy the hardware from him and then flash the modified code to the hardware. But Franz Huber is the RaceME guy.

I just wanted to clarify the product differences.

-Guzzler
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 PM

Mike - thanks for the info. Might have to stop by one day with a case of beer. Pick your brain and maybe do a re-torque and lash before its too late.

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for when I pull the trigger on deletes and a tuner. I'm leaning toward the minimaxx. I'll be able to look more seriously come the fall season. Getting married in September and that's becoming a large financial drain!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:15 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by Doj Dewd
Mike - thanks for the info. Might have to stop by one day with a case of beer. Pick your brain and maybe do a re-torque and lash before its too late.

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for when I pull the trigger on deletes and a tuner. I'm leaning toward the minimaxx. I'll be able to look more seriously come the fall season. Getting married in September and that's becoming a large financial drain!
Sounds like fun buddy. You could always just unplug the egr solenoid thingy (been awhile since I seen one). Its boosts fuel mileage. The newer 4th gen work pretty good. I would at least plug the blow-by vent going into the turbo, helps keep blow-by out of the compressor inlet. Also remove the sound deading on the turbo inlet.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Sounds like fun buddy. You could always just unplug the egr solenoid thingy (been awhile since I seen one). Its boosts fuel mileage. The newer 4th gen work pretty good. I would at least plug the blow-by vent going into the turbo, helps keep blow-by out of the compressor inlet. Also remove the sound deading on the turbo inlet.
I'm going to experiment with the EGR unplug this weekend. Just made a quick trip to Maple Creek, SK for the weekend. I drove stock on the way out, and I'm planning to unplug on the way back...

And the CCV system with the dump into the turbo boggles my mind. That is on the short-list of items to take care of. I could see maybe dumping it post-turbo into exhaust, but pre-turbo makes little sense to me. Anyone know the rationale behind this particular piece of engineering?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:47 AM

Smile RACEme tuner and programmer

Okay, Yes I'm a newbie here too. I just had my local shop in Longview TX. install my RACEme for my 2011 6.7. I had it set on the lowest "1" setting of 40 HP. I still have my DPF on but my CAT was stolen last week so I'm running straight pipe in place of it. I adjusted my tire size to reflect the 37" I'm running. My average fuel economy for the short 14 mile distance from there to my office went from 11.4 MPG to 17.8 at engine shut off. Throttle response is crisp and all seems perfect so far with a noticeable modest power increase.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Banned

RaceMe Pro

Hi folks,
I replaced the Smarty Me with a RaceMe Pro last week. It runs smoother and no codes. I also apologized to Franz for doubting him.
I was running the Smarty on towing with timing on mild and it felt too aggressive. Running raceMe pro on sw 2 and timing on mild.
Need advice about retorquing bolts/studs to 135
Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 PM

smarty race me jr opinions

I just purchased the Smarty race me jr and did a total delete of emissions which included a 4 inch flo pro stainless steel exhaust and EGR block off kit. I went through one diesel particulate filter and the next one I purchased was clogging also, there is no drive ability with the dpf in place. I have test driven the truck today and wow! what a difference throttle response greatly improved and power set on 99 before I knew it was at 70 mph with lots more power to go.At least now I can stop at a red light are let it idle for a while without sweating my but off knowing the dpf is catching all the soot and recirculating hot exhaust through oil and coolant. I still am going to play with the settings I really don't think power setting 99 is necessary. The smarty jr race me is simple to operate and I highly recommend it. Smith Diesel was the most affordable I found for 795.00 anywhere else was 855 and above. Oh did I mention I installed a k and n filter kit the turbo sings with fresh air. 2008 Dodge ram 2500 6.7 diesel turbo Big Horn Edition minus blu-tech.

Last edited by Jerry Scroggins; 11-06-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: mispellling
Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 PM

I just ordered a race me yesterday waiting for it to show up
Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 PM

installed mine today with dpf deletes will post results in about a week on mpg gains
Old 11-24-2013, 08:41 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I was digging around on the raceMe site today and although they don't offer a tuner for the 2013/14 pickup trucks I did see where they talked about an upcoming update for the DEF delete on the 2013.5 CC. Anyone know anything about it?
Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM

Exclamation RaceMe Price Hike

Just browsing the RaceMe site. I was going to wait for a bit before pulling the trigger but I see the price is jumping A LOT December 1.

Went ahead and jumped in the pool. Guess I'll wait a while before installing and have one heck of a code reader.

Now to find a decent delete pipe...
Old 11-28-2013, 09:21 PM

I just installed the afe egr delete and a 5"turbo back dpf delete kit along withe the RaceMe tuner
Old 11-29-2013, 05:24 AM

what mode are any of you that have a raceme running in I put mine in last weekend in economy mode and have lost a mile per gallon in millage same driving habits same drive basically same route as every other week
Old 11-30-2013, 08:06 PM

Ordered mine yesterday
Old 11-30-2013, 09:39 PM

I'm still trying mine out, 3 on injection and 9 on software, mileage went from 11.5 to around 14.7/15

Quick Reply: RaceMe - Is there a genuine member that has one installed?