Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/)
-   -   RaceMe - Is there a genuine member that has one installed? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/raceme-there-genuine-member-has-one-installed-312662/)

magiriano 06-14-2013 11:09 PM

RaceMe - Is there a genuine member that has one installed?

I am seriously considering the RaceMe with aFe 5" turbo back DPF delete however, so far there's only one newbie on CF claiming to have bought one and that it works.
Did anyone actually seen one, is there a valid member on here or other forums that didn't signed up last week and has this tuner in his truck?

Also considering other ME options, minimaxx please advise.

2006BLKMegacab 06-14-2013 11:26 PM

next time I'm down in Calgary I would give you the grand tour with my mini maxx if you would like

magiriano 06-14-2013 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2006BLKMegacab (Post 3188456)
next time I'm down in Calgary I would give you the grand tour with my mini maxx if you would like

Sure Wade, but I understand minimax is now locked for off road, can I still do the deletes with the street tuner?

2006BLKMegacab 06-15-2013 11:00 AM

ya you can, later today I'll PM you the process as I understand it

Gry113500 06-15-2013 06:07 PM

you can still find S67's that can load the ME tunes if you look around

Mike Holmen 06-16-2013 11:12 AM

You can get the mini with a high sulfur tune, unfortunately H&S charges big $$$ for it. I would look around for a smarty jr with ME, be careful on how much you remove the torque management, using the stock clutch, but then again its only money. Probably time for a dual clutch anyways and some more power adders.

I'm curious on how much soot you have inside your engine. I have a collection of spare 6.7L emission equipment.[laugh] Even my 2010 that was deleted at 5000km, had a fair amount of soot inside.

SOhappy 06-17-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by magiriano (Post 3188453)
I am seriously considering the RaceMe with aFe 5" turbo back DPF delete ....

You might want to research the need for a 5" exhaust too, many would say all you really need is a delete pipe.

magiriano 06-17-2013 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen (Post 3188642)
You can get the mini with a high sulfur tune, unfortunately H&S charges big $$$ for it. I would look around for a smarty jr with ME, be careful on how much you remove the torque management, using the stock clutch, but then again its only money. Probably time for a dual clutch anyways and some more power adders.

I'm curious on how much soot you have inside your engine. I have a collection of spare 6.7L emission equipment.[laugh] Even my 2010 that was deleted at 5000km, had a fair amount of soot inside.

Prolly Smarty Jr ME will have to do but still curious about the new RaceMe tuner. They claim to have sold quite a few but so far there is just one single CF member that claims to had one installed, and he signed up at the time of his first post.
Also they don't accept PayPal and not too keen of dying of old age waiting by the mailbox for the tuner to arrive.
Got the 5" aFE stainless ordered, found it on AutoAnything for $611 after 15% rebates for signing up with free shipping to Sweetgrass.

magiriano 06-17-2013 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by SOhappy (Post 3188818)
You might want to research the need for a 5" exhaust too, many would say all you really need is a delete pipe.

Didn't really "need it" LOL
Got the 5" aFE stainless steel turbo back with muffler ordered, found it on AutoAnything for $611 after 15% rebates for signing up with free shipping to Sweetgrass.
Price was right, I always liked stainless steel exhausts for how they sound and wanted to open it up a bit so went with 5" instead of 4". Otherwise I would've taken up Mike Holmen on his offer when he generously offered to make me a delete pipe a couple of years back when he deleted his Laramie.

iforge03 06-20-2013 08:39 PM

i just ordered one, hopefully i will have good things to report back

iforge03 06-24-2013 07:09 PM

ok, i ordered my raceme on thursday and it showed up today. programming my ecm went smoothly. i tried the performance tune on a short trip down the road and back. it runs very smooth and quiet. i havent pulled my dpf off yet. exhaust shop is building me a delete pipe tomorrow so ill see how it really works tomorrow, but so far im very impressed

magiriano 06-24-2013 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by iforge03 (Post 3189960)
ok, i ordered my raceme on thursday and it showed up today. programming my ecm went smoothly. i tried the performance tune on a short trip down the road and back. it runs very smooth and quiet. i havent pulled my dpf off yet. exhaust shop is building me a delete pipe tomorrow so ill see how it really works tomorrow, but so far im very impressed

Thank you for your input. What yr is your truck?

iforge03 06-24-2013 08:32 PM

its a 2010

magiriano 06-24-2013 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by iforge03 (Post 3189971)
its a 2010

I don't know, I couldn't find any verifiable reports on RaceMe so I got a new in box Smarty Jr. ME from a DTR member that had it for sale.
I'll see how that works with the DPF delete on my 010.....
I was ready to order the RaceMe but I got skeptical when they wouldn't take PayPal, I thought it's a scam...........Looks like I owe Franz an apology.

Keep us posted, looks like RaceMe it's the only race tuner on the market for now.....

Cummins610 06-24-2013 11:17 PM

It's a smarty. One would assume the same issues smartys have on 4th gens will transfer over, but with the raceme you will be able to get future programming fixes/updates