Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/)
-   -   "Perform service" ? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/perform-service-328415/)

xp8103 07-06-2017 11:08 AM

"Perform service" ?

Not sure this belongs here but I'll start simply because my Touch is new to the equation.

We just returned from a run to the OBX with our slide in camper. Truck ran like a top with the Touch set to 60hp with a slight timing increase and transmission tuning on. I did not push the rig and typically don't because it's a lot of weight and I'm not stupid. Occasionally I used the extra HP in places where it was warranted, to get out of a situation or make a merge easier. Otherwise the most pleasant surprise was setting the cruise on 65 mph (with exhaust brake and tow/haul both on) and letting the truck do it's thing. I saw what I would consider significantly improved mpg, even if it was only on the EVIC. But improvement there indicates improvement hand-calculated as well.

Somewhere on the drive home, I hear a dash tone and look down to see my "i" information indicator on. But all it reports is "Perform Service". Nothing else. The DTC reader on the Touch reports no codes.

Thoughts?

BobTipton 07-06-2017 04:16 PM

How many miles on the truck? Mine did that at 67,500 - time to clean the EGR/Cooler and replace CCV filter.

xp8103 07-07-2017 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by BobTipton (Post 3330708)
How many miles on the truck? Mine did that at 67,500 - time to clean the EGR/Cooler and replace CCV filter.

79k. What did that run you?

BobTipton 07-07-2017 08:41 AM

We were in Minnesota at the time. Dealer quoted me $1500. So I decided to do it myself. Ordered everything from Geno's Garage. CCV was easy. EGR wasn't too bad but took time. Couldn't figure out how to get to the rear bolts on the cooler or what tool I might need for it so I left it alone. Can't remember the price of everything but it was a lot less than the dealer! CCV is due again in about 25k miles. The EGR and cooler have fallen off...😎

xp8103 07-07-2017 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by BobTipton (Post 3330766)
We were in Minnesota at the time. Dealer quoted me $1500. So I decided to do it myself. Ordered everything from Geno's Garage. CCV was easy. EGR wasn't too bad but took time. Couldn't figure out how to get to the rear bolts on the cooler or what tool I might need for it so I left it alone. Can't remember the price of everything but it was a lot less than the dealer! CCV is due again in about 25k miles. The EGR and cooler have fallen off...😎

So....... What you're saying is for LESS than the cost of having the dealer clean out this stupid **** on our trucks I can buy an EGR delete and program for my touch that fools it all and be done with it?

xp8103 07-07-2017 09:44 AM

Just looked up the Geno's parts. Their kit is about 130 bux. I think I'll go that route.

BobTipton 07-07-2017 10:14 AM

I deleted because I started getting the "DPF 80% Full" message pretty consistently. For a bit more change, I found out I could delete and never have to worry about it again. Went with the RaceMe Ultra, Sinister EGR/Cooler delete, and intake. 4" turbo back exhaust with muffler. So now I only have to change the CCV filter every 60k or so.

staarma 04-07-2018 07:35 PM

Bob, has yours set the perform service message since deleting it?

BobTipton 04-07-2018 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
Bob, has yours set the perform service message since deleting it?

Nope. Performed the required service at 65k (this was prior to deleted) and no perform service message since. Have just over 109k on it now. I know that around 125-130k I'll need to replace the CCV again.

Regards,

Bob

staarma 04-07-2018 09:21 PM

Ok, thanks.

xp8103 04-08-2018 11:28 AM

I had the truck in last fall for an oil service I said oil service only. They cleared the "perform service" code as well and it has not reappeared.

staarma 04-08-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by xp8103 (Post 3346701)
I had the truck in last fall for an oil service I said oil service only. They cleared the "perform service" code as well and it has not reappeared.

I’ll have to check to see if it’s actually setting a code or not. Thanks.

Dieselbuilder 06-12-2018 08:53 AM

To clear the code yourself have the ignition in the run position step on brake pedal twice then push accelerator pedal to the floor twice turn off ignition, should be gone.