4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

new member with a new mini maxx ?

Old 01-28-2017, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member with a new mini maxx ?

I decided to do the deletes on my 2010 6.7 dodge 4x4 crew cab with 3.73 gears with 35" tires. I purchased the EGR delete kit from sinister diesel and the flo pro performance exhaust down pipe and dpf. The flo pro came with the h&s mini maxx. When I went to register it I found that they are no longer in business. My question is should I use the mini maxx or return it since it's no longer supported. I have no ideal which version of deletes are on it, As it's still in the box.
I am confused about why they would sale something that is no longer supported and the mfg. is out of business.
If I should keep it, Could you please help with me the proper settings/level I should used. I have 89,000 miles on her and only drive her when I'm pulling.
I have a 9200# travel trailer I take to the blue ridge parkway several times a year and wouldn't mind more power to tow while in those mountains. and if there is such a thing of more MPG.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Honestly, I would return it and get EFI Live. I have the Black Maxx, but got it back when they were still in business. It's been a great product, but EFI Live is better. The downside with EFI is you still need a way to view EGTs and boost, either through an Edge CTS or mechanical gauges.

There are companies and people that still offer enhanced programming and unlock codes, so it's not entirely out of the tuning world.

Both the BM and MM hardware are made by Bully Dog and rebranded by H&S with their own firmware. So the boxes themselves are reliable should you decide to keep it.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:40 PM

Does the EFI Live offer deletes. I have a bully dog now and it looks identical to the mini. I was wondering if bully dog made them.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:58 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
H&S Tuner

Good question. H&S tuners are still one of the best options for that truck. You're right, H&S no longer is available for support, however, if you simply run the tuner as is, you should have no issues. Of course, you're always welcome to contact us if you have other questions or concerns. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:23 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I love my mini maxx but after the factory EGT box failed I opted for the H&S "universal" box which is much better. At the time I had update 31 installed and the mini maxx would not read the egts from the new H&S universal box. After updating to 42 all worked again, I'm not sure at what update the universal box was recognized but 31 didn't and 42 did.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:20 PM

I hope I'm not taking over your post with my question. Iam a newbie to this site, an I also run a Mini Max on my 2011 Ram 6.7 with a Sinister Diesel delete. The problem I'm having with my Mini Max is when I get down on the throttle the Mini Max switches between the different settings of street,tow, and performance. Iam at my whits end on how to stop that can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance
Old 01-30-2017, 07:21 PM

That's what worries me with using a product that's no longer supported. Maybe Sinister Diesel, can help with your problem.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Drop the MM and go with EFI Live. Box tuners are a one size fits all. Let's say you want to get a custom tune...now you have to drop another $300 to get an unlock code, then another couple hundred or so to pay someone that will build a custom tune for your truck. With EFI Live, it's already unlocked...if you get the FlashScan V2, you can get a custom tune from anyone. If you get the AutoCal and you are happy with the company you bought it from, they can provide a custom tune that will optimize dang near 100% performance (I may be over exaggerating a bit) for your truck.

That's my two cents. I like my Black Maxx, but EFI Live wasn't available for the 4th Gen trucks when I got it. When they came out with MCC (custom tuning software), it was a sound idea, but to pay another $300 to get an unlock code after paying the hefty price tag of the BM, it would have been cheaper or maybe equally expensive to get the FlashScan and the end user would have control over what tune their truck gets.

Just throwing out some additional thoughts to ponder.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:03 PM

How hard is it to run the EFI live wire. I'm a rookie withave tuners. I used the bully dog and is pretty much plug and play