4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Might Deletes have to be undone?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:45 AM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My local dealer here in town. Not sure if I would go back, last time I was in the dealership they gave me the no warranty BS cause of the lack of DPF. Told them they could shove that make believe warranty junk BS, as my truck only has 95000km's on it, so the warranty is almost done anyways. I dropped off my truck for a single tire loosing air, took them two days. They tried to reflash my truck, I have written on top of all my work order that I refuse any dealer reflashs. They also lost two bolts that hold my hub-caps onto my rims. I asked them to go over the vehicle and document/check things out, I get a blank piece of paper with just my name on it. Costed me $150.

Also tried to sell me a $120 oil change, I can change my oil for $40

I have a 2013 Lexus RX-350, it goes in for service I get exact details on tread wear, to air pressure, to brake depth, to windshield washer level and so on. The service costs me $60. What does Dodge give me, nothing but a big bill and verbal ok. Sorry about the rant, I'm still mad on why Dodge is so backwards.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:03 AM

It's your dealer, or the service manager.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM

When you say stock how do you run the truck when it has been deleted? My smarty has #1 stock #2 tow/haul #3 power!
Do you set the truck to #1? I an sorry but aI do not understand what you all mean by returning it to stock.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM

"i actually put this in wrong spot on delete sticky"

what exactly does this ecm update do or make it so you can't do what??

if you deleted your truck how can you put your programmer back to stock for service at dealership ?/if delete pipes and stuff are installed removed? wouldnt it have all sorts of codes thrown once back to stock. so how do you actually avoid flashing at dealsership?
thanks guys
Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by skindaddy View Post
"i actually put this in wrong spot on delete sticky"

what exactly does this ecm update do or make it so you can't do what??

if you deleted your truck how can you put your programmer back to stock for service at dealership ?/if delete pipes and stuff are installed removed? wouldnt it have all sorts of codes thrown once back to stock. so how do you actually avoid flashing at dealsership?
thanks guys
Once you delete, you might as well leave it deleted. No foolin' the dealer by "going back to stock" as the ECM knows what you've been up to. Safe to assume the engine and trans warranty will be void. Depending on the dealer, most other parts will still be covered. Just tell your them "please, no flashes" or make a physical OBD II port lock-out of some sort.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:27 PM

I just bought a 2011 crew cab 6.7 with 20000 miles. What is the better programmer the smarty or the mini max?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
IMO, anything from H&S, I am partial to the Black Maxx, but since it is discontinued, I would buy the mini over a Smarty, however, if cost is an issue, go with a Smarty or another alternative to the Smarty is the RaceME. You will also have to get either manual gauges or a product such as the Edge Insight to monitor everything for the Smarty or RaceME.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 PM

It's not price. I'm just exploring my options. And trying to decide when I want to do it.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:47 PM

That's cool! Which ever tuner you do get, one thing is for sure, you will not regret it one bit.

The latest tunes from H&S is really good. If you have the auto trans, the latest OverDrive tune has my transmission even happier and shifting much smoother than before.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'm kinda hesitant to delete right away. Cause it's only got 20000 and I don't know if I want to void my warranty.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 AM

With sequestration, I hear EPA tree huggers are getting so desperate for losing pay that they resorted to stealing the emission equipment on our trucks to sell on the black market - to make up for lost pay. I had around 20K on mine when I woke up to my truck being able to breathe. They must have had inside information to know ahead of time (sequestration) when they took my stuff. I couldn't have been happier. I netted 22.7 mpg on a trip to TX. Looking forward to see how this new tune is gonna work out. I understand your fears though. I succumb to the fact to be my own warranty station. I have an extended warranty, but since I do not trust dealers, I end up doing the work anyhow.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 PM

I like how they can just come and take what they won't from your truck haha. I just got decide when I'm going to do it.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I'd be having a very serious discussion with any dealership that reflashed/locked MY truck without my permission. Especially if it prevented me from deleting or programming. They may have the right to void my warranty, but they don't have the right to prevent me from doing what I want with my truck.
In California, they do have the right to prevent you from playing with emmision equipment! They lock ECM all the time here, not fooling.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 06RAM2500 View Post
They are NOT to perform ANY UNAUTHORIZED service or maintenance to your vehicle without YOUR permission FIRST!!
In the past, I've worked at several different dealerships before. That statement is only true for customer pay work.
however, computer software updates fall under Emissions/EPA related headings and are mandated to updates without concent. The EPA doesn't care about us whiny truck junkies!
Simple case here is, NEVER EVER take your modded truck to a dealership. There's no good reason to. The old saying; you made your bed, now lay in it. No one but me goes near my truck with tools.