I've stepped in it now, egr valve - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I've stepped in it now, egr valve

Old 12-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #1  

I've stepped in it now, egr valve

Hello all. I got the perform service message. Got my filter and egr gaskets sitting here. I took the valve off, pushed down on the washer, pushed what I thought was an e clip off the shaft, and aint seen it since. There was a two piece "bushing" like part that appeared to fill the hole in the washer. They apparently don't sell the clips, because the egr valve is a complete unit. So, I'm looking for ideas. I have an assortment pack of e clips, but don't know for sure if any will fit. Is there a danger of the e clip, if the wrong size and comes off, will go into the motor? The valve is soaking now. Any input from the brain trust? I have been researching delete kits but not sure what I need/is available now. A lot of the posts for 12's are old.
Dojman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #2  

Okay, so I jumped the gun on this. No e clip, so I'm good. Got it cleaned up, filter changed and back together.
So the question, what do I need for a programmer, or do I need one. Going to delete, starting with the egr I guess. The tuners and programmers are not the same correct?
Dojman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:24 AM   #3  

If you're going to delete, you need a tuner/programmer that is compatible with deletes. You'll also need to delete the DPF along with the EGR or it'll plug up pretty quick. I went with the RaceMe Ultra and the box tunes. Tuner, EGR/cooler delete kit, 4" turbo-back exhaust, and shop install was just over $2100.00. H&S also makes a good tuner, as does EFI.

Regards,

Bob
BobTipton is offline   Reply With Quote