4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I need a lift question answered.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a lift question answered.

Yes I'm confused because it seems like it depends who I ask I have different answers and some who I expected to know the answer didn't know for certain ... so here it is ... if I lift my truck 1.5 to 2 inches does the front geometry changes enough so that I need to change the track bar, the shocks, the springs and other stuff on the front end or can I just add a spacer on top of the strut and go on my marry way with only a wheel alignment ? this lift is only for looks as I do not intend to go to bigger wheels so everything will remain stock on my 2010 ram 2500 Laramie cummins .... can someone help me with that? thanks
Old 02-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't have a lift like your talking about. it's really a leveling kit. I am intending to get one though. I have been doing some digging and it can go both ways. One kit has just the lift block and you lift it by just adding the spacer at the top of the spring. Other lifts are the same but they include a track bar type stuff.

From what I've seen so far, I will be getting the simpler style. I don't think the leveling will change anything enough to warrant the need for the other stuff. What your doing is making the front drive shaft angle just a hair tighter. But if it's that critical, then rolling the front wheels over a bump will bind it and you'd never be able to drive it anywhere as it is. Now if your doing a monster lift that a different thing but just a level then you'll be fine. Plain level kits are about $100 and if you have a concrete pad or driveway and some good jack stands and a floor jack, should just take an hour to put on.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:58 AM

Thanks for your input ..... much appreciated
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a lot depends on how the front axle sits stock. some are to the right, some are to the left, but i'm sure the spec is not very stringent! a level kit (whether it's springs or lift pucks) will move the frame up and pull the axle to the left (driver's side). you can add a track bar, longer control arms, etc, etc, but it's your choice at 2". some guys get death wobble with a level kit, some don't. some get drive shaft vibration, some don't.... kind of a crap shoot, so be willing to go back to stock or add more parts if it doesn't do what you want! search reverse level if you are looking for a more level stance without big fender gaps and messing with the front suspension. I ran 285/75-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers with a reverse level before I went to the Carli stuff.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:02 PM

at worst you may need an alignment, but i doubt it.. you can go up to 3" leveling kit i think before you need shock extenders and then maybe new shocks.. if you do get new shocks, go with the Blisten 5100's Rave reviews from many readers

George