4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

H&S stop selling delete kits....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on whether H&S will continue to support the products already manufactured?

I want to delete my '11.5 because, honestly, after owning everything from '99 up, I'm very disappointed with it's performance until it gets spooled-up. Sure, it'll pull a house when you finally get boost, but I'm impatient I guess. And, 14 mpg ain't the kind of mileage I can live with for the life of the truck.

Anyway, I want to use H&S products, to include the transmission tune, but don't want to be stuck with electronics and software and no vendor support.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM

I just received my mini maxx and dpf delete pipe today with the intention of installing it this weekend. Am I not able to do so? or are the codes available somewhere else???
Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I expect H&S to continue providing support for a while. I did a little research on them a week or two ago to see how they started. I was quite impressed how fast they grew. Amazing company! With that in mind, I don't see them stopping because of a little hiccup.

Why wouldn't you be able to install your MM? I thought it was pretty similar to the BM, so you should be able to install as is - no codes required unless you are installing the OD software, in which case you can order it online and get the unlock code via email within a day or so. I personally would make sure you have the latest version installed on the tuner prior to downloading to the truck.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
To perhaps clarify, you update the tuner then down load to the truck. The tuner will come with a tune already installed, it may not be the "latest" version but it will work, so you can just install the version you have and it will probably work fine although I believe the current tunes are available............. somewhere.

If after installing the version of tune you have installed on your tuner head and you are not pleased with it you can always return to stock if you can't find the current version to down load. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine. Remember the auto transmission maybe all over the place without the H&S trans tune.

Some people run older tunes because they like them better.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Busboy
To perhaps clarify, you update the tuner then down load to the truck. The tuner will come with a tune already installed, it may not be the "latest" version but it will work, so you can just install the version you have and it will probably work fine although I believe the current tunes are available............. somewhere.

If after installing the version of tune you have installed on your tuner head and you are not pleased with it you can always return to stock if you can't find the current version to down load. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine. Remember the auto transmission maybe all over the place without the H&S trans tune.

Some people run older tunes because they like them better.
That does help a lot. I guess I was confused as to what the tunes did and that their were more than one version. I'll have to read up further on that. Thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jagsfan811
That does help a lot. I guess I was confused as to what the tunes did and that their were more than one version. I'll have to read up further on that. Thanks
I was just on the H&S site and it looks like the tunes are still there. http://www.hsperformance.com/ so shouldn't be an issue. Have a look at the forums and see what other people like in tune versions for what reasons, there's lots to choose from. http://www.hsperformance.com/1/2010-2012-67l-cummins http://www.hsperformance.com/1/ Hope this helps. Dig around in their forums you'll be surprised at how many people are using their technology. I read yesterday that some dealers are doing the deletes from new. just saying.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Thank you for the links, I spent alot of time last night and this morning before work reading through that website and I have one major question. Everyone talks about these tunes that they use and online I have only been able to find the tunes that you have to pay for. At 300$ for the transmission tune I have a difficult time justifying that cost although I have heard great things about the transmission tune for the auto tranny. Are there free tunes or do they all cost money? Secondly, for the time being H&S is still servicing these devices and the updates are available, but with the concern of a shut down what will happen with the updates? Lastly, is there a tuner that allows for deletes, on the fly control and you do not have to pay for the tunes?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:27 PM

OK, here's what happened...I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop in front of me shopping for older Cummins Dodge's and my girlfriend says "no way, I want you to keep that truck", so's I say "if I had $1600 for the upgrades I want to make it run like I want, I'd keep it", to which she said "I'll give you the money". Merry Christmas to me...James at RSD was very accomodating
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Jagsfan811
Thank you for the links, I spent alot of time last night and this morning before work reading through that website and I have one major question. Everyone talks about these tunes that they use and online I have only been able to find the tunes that you have to pay for. At 300$ for the transmission tune I have a difficult time justifying that cost although I have heard great things about the transmission tune for the auto tranny. Are there free tunes or do they all cost money? Secondly, for the time being H&S is still servicing these devices and the updates are available, but with the concern of a shut down what will happen with the updates? Lastly, is there a tuner that allows for deletes, on the fly control and you do not have to pay for the tunes?
You don't pay for the engine tunes all the updates are all free, download some and just keep them at home on your computer with a back up on a USB stick. Since they have added a feature where you can make your own tunes I believe you pay for that feature but most people just use the updates. The transmission tune greatly helps the auto deal with the added power, it was not $300 when I got mine but I found my trans was "lost" without it. Perhaps I didn't drive it long enough before I added the trans tune, mine got "lost" in my junk folder of my email so I was only without it for a couple of days.

Perhaps some will chime in that have an auto trans but not the trans tune, my son doesn't have the trans tune but he has a manual transmission so no help. I updated mine twice when I first got it because right after updating another update came out within hours but I like what I have and haven't updated since with absolutely no problems, same with my son. I think once it's installed you leave it along and just enjoy it.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Shootist
OK, here's what happened...I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop in front of me shopping for older Cummins Dodge's and my girlfriend says "no way, I want you to keep that truck", so's I say "if I had $1600 for the upgrades I want to make it run like I want, I'd keep it", to which she said "I'll give you the money". Merry Christmas to me...James at RSD was very accomodating
Better marry that one.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 AM

I know, right?