4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

H&S stop selling delete kits....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shlen
Have H&S move to Alberta, Canada. No EPA. Problem solved.
No EPA or emissions testing in Alberta, yet... It's coming down the pipeline. Might be another 5-10 years but its bound to happen.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by NoSparkplugs
No EPA or emissions testing in Alberta, yet... It's coming down the pipeline. Might be another 5-10 years but its bound to happen.
That may be but I think the tide has turned and people are fed up with all the junk that's been added to diesel trucks, I know of one oil patch company that just replaced their diesel truck fleet with gas trucks because the diesel ones don't work in remote locations and extreme cold unless deleted. The pipeline company my BIL works for has always used gas trucks and never switched.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
If they are gonna take if to another country, they should do it right.

Im thinking Congo or something. With a front through Panama via Columbia.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Busboy
That may be but I think the tide has turned and people are fed up with all the junk that's been added to diesel trucks, I know of one oil patch company that just replaced their diesel truck fleet with gas trucks because the diesel ones don't work in remote locations and extreme cold unless deleted. The pipeline company my BIL works for has always used gas trucks and never switched.
I can't blame them, the newer diesels are so finicky in how they run that the extra power and torque isn't worth it. I know just about every mine I've been to runs the basic XLT gasser F250 and within a year those trucks are falling apart just from being run down haul roads and a little bit of employee abuse
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by NoSparkplugs
I can't blame them, the newer diesels are so finicky in how they run that the extra power and torque isn't worth it. I know just about every mine I've been to runs the basic XLT gasser F250 and within a year those trucks are falling apart just from being run down haul roads and a little bit of employee abuse
-------------------------------------------------------
I agree with everything you and Busboy have said Sir!

I will NEVER buy another new diesel pickup truck! I have my 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve and my 2006 Dodge CTD CR and will keep those as long as I can.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Busboy
I got back from the Permit Basin oil show and I saw a LOT of companies using the F150 w/v6 for their get around trucks. I asked what happened to all the F250's and they said the ecoboost isn't bad and even though they don't last as long in the long run it's cheaper due to fuel economy/cost. Kinda ****** me off...Diesel mpg keeps going thru the cellar because of all the emissions and at the same time the trucks are getting more and more expensive (because of emissions)...makes you think the gubment just don't want them around anymore.

On a bright note the new Cummins off-road engines (I was looking at some v-12 monster for frac pumps) meet the off-road tier 4 without a dpf..just in cylinder def and more def in the aftertreatment. It was nice seeing an new engine with no egr or dpf (did have a def treatment cylinder as big as 2 55 gallon drums but I could live with that).
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The real pisser is that I just bought a 2012 thinking I can delete it later on down the road and a week later this crap hits!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by spider_1954
The real pisser is that I just bought a 2012 thinking I can delete it later on down the road and a week later this crap hits!!!
get the smarty jr67 and delete, i'm sure some one will have the me download,
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As did I, except that I managed to get my delete done about a week before they shut it down.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM

I just bought a minimaxx yesterday....i hope i can get the support i need for it....
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If their phones are truly dead as reported in another thread then I wouldn't count on support.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no...that's what people see when the selected morons have to belch a cloud of smoke because they think they're so cool. This issue has cropped up at the local level on occasion, but now the doors been slammed shut. Hope someone finds an "underground" way around this. Maybe they need to set up shop in Mexico border towns.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM

Man this is crap,I was looking at buying a new truck soon. Can you still get the smarty and get the update from someone?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM

Didn't help either that H&S had a spot on "trucks" where they showed an install on a superduty ... although they did say the brand new truck "was just for the track" lol...I saw that tv episode and new this was going to come to a head.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I have an idea! You can always buy the Bully Dog PMT. The hardware is exactly the same. About the only different is the PMT has the touch screen enabled and H&S uses their own programming. Now with that being said, since this is a Bully Dog Technologies programmer (Wolf PMT), chances are the code that makes it work is pretty close, modified with H&S specific programming and tunes. I'm willing to bet if someone is familiar with the Cyclone II chipset (and JTAG programming - I think), they could extract the BM firmware programming from a completely stock unit and put it on the PMT, they could probably even merge features. Even better would be for H&S to continue selling the BM with emissions friendly tuning, like the Bully Dog, and somewhere in the deep dark world of the internet on a server located in a country where the Feds can't access it, is the software to change the BM back to the way it should be! Even better if the programming was open source

Quick Reply: H&S stop selling delete kits....