4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

stealth delete

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stealth delete

A buddy is going to be deleteing soon. (I think he's waiting to see how mine go) But he is concerned about being able to return things to stock configuration once he's ready to trade the truck. The warrenty won't be any issue since he drives more than I do and will be past that point in a couple years.

Apart from putting the DPF back on and returning the stock programming on the truck (reflash?) is there anything else he would have to do or any potential problems with going back?

He's a lurker here, but is not the sort to jump in. Name's Lenard.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:04 PM
tcr

Nope, I was real cafeful and put balloons on all my connectors under the truck, zip tied them out of the way and it still only took me 2 hrs by myself(egr block off incl). I could put it all back together in less time easily. Just be sure he stores the DPF pipe protecting the sensors and connectors and tape up the ends to keep the crud out.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Stargeezer
Nimoy?

Tell him to join in the convo. Ill be sure to give him as equally a hard time as everyone else.

He wont have a problem. My 08 went just fine. Completely back to stock, drove it to dealer, and traded.

Took me and my brother about 8 hours of work. My truck and his truck parked nose to nose. His truck went from completely stock to having everything out of my truck on it. As stuff would disappear on my truck a stock part would take its place. Full deletes, gauges, intake, wheels tires, radio, you name it, we swapped it.

He made off with all my audio, Kenwood DVD/Nav deck, subs, new batteries, anything that he could unbolt. He even went Wal-Martin in my truck for interior trim swaps. Little [censored]
Old 02-04-2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Nimoy?

Tell him to join in the convo. Ill be sure to give him as equally a hard time as everyone else.

He wont have a problem. My 08 went just fine. Completely back to stock, drove it to dealer, and traded.

Took me and my brother about 8 hours of work. My truck and his truck parked nose to nose. His truck went from completely stock to having everything out of my truck on it. As stuff would disappear on my truck a stock part would take its place. Full deletes, gauges, intake, wheels tires, radio, you name it, we swapped it.

He made off with all my audio, Kenwood DVD/Nav deck, subs, new batteries, anything that he could unbolt. He even went Wal-Martin in my truck for interior trim swaps. Little [censored]
Can I adopt you blake?? Or better yet, YOU adopt me and then you can claim me on taxes, and I could inherit all you good truck stuff when you upgrade? I can see it now - ohh, wait a miniute, if you did that, I'd have to wait to delete undil you upgrade. Darn skinflint old man......making me wait so long....
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A buddy is going to be deleteing soon. (I think he's waiting to see how mine go) But he is concerned about being able to return things to stock configuration once he's ready to trade the truck. The warrenty won't be any issue since he drives more than I do and will be past that point in a couple years.

Apart from putting the DPF back on and returning the stock programming on the truck (reflash?) is there anything else he would have to do or any potential problems with going back?

The Cali delete with MiniMax tuner is one of the easiest. Nothing to remove in the engine compartment as it turns off EGR electronically. If unwanted eyes are looking there all appears normal. All that's removed is the DPF and it doesn't take long to reinstall.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 AM
The Guru

Cheapest stealth delete, is to hog out the DPF and the cat with a hole saw( working your way up to 4in size). Seen a few threads on cummins forum on cut the dpf/cat in half, removing the factory stuff and rewelding them back together. At that point you could run H&S or run the what ever DPF simulator. The use of EGT Resistors will set off codes on the cel, and need to be removed. The dealer can see the code clears.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Can I adopt you blake?? Or better yet, YOU adopt me and then you can claim me on taxes, and I could inherit all you good truck stuff when you upgrade? I can see it now - ohh, wait a miniute, if you did that, I'd have to wait to delete undil you upgrade. Darn skinflint old man......making me wait so long....

Send those Alcoas my way and Ill see what I can do....
Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM

If you ever cross Illinois, I'll meet you anywhere, you want. Just so you can see them shine. I'll even loan ya some sunglasses

Seriously Blake, if you ever pass this way give me a shout, Bro. Coffee is always on here.