Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/)
-   -   Dear MADS, (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/dear-mads-305872/)

Blake Clark 08-23-2012 10:41 AM

Dear MADS,

Please, for the love of everything good under the sun, PLEASE, remove the torque management from the Smarty S67.

I know, what it is capable of doing to a clutch, and/or, transmission.

My truck has been to boot camp, its ready for war.

I promise Ill be a big boy and take responsibility for any frag grenades.

H&S can, why cant yall?

JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN!

That is all.

Blake Clark 08-24-2012 06:08 AM

Hello,

thank you for your email.

Our development team is still working on torque management on MY2010 and above trucks.
At this moment we're not able to tell you an exact release date.

We're asking for a little bit of patience.

Best regards,
Gianfranco Castano
MADS

Well, at least I got an answer this time.

madhat 08-25-2012 11:36 AM

Amazing you got an answer. That is at least a step in the right direction...

RunningM 08-27-2012 10:54 AM

Is the torque management the reason that the Smarty Jr doesn't have the power from about 1,500 to 1,900 rpm's? I have messed with the timing a little but can't seem to get the low end power that I can get with the XRT Pro.

Lil Dog 08-27-2012 11:03 PM

Yes. The Smarty is trying to save your tranny. Surprised that function isn't available in the newer releases. You can sure let it loose in the 07.5-09 trucks.

Blake Clark 08-28-2012 06:25 AM

Just like Ms Boucher would say.....

"Tork management is the Debil!"

signature600 09-01-2012 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3128015)
Amazing you got an answer. That is at least a step in the right direction...

Yeah, I was a beta tester for the 2010+ S67Jr and couldn't even get an answer about codes I was seeing....

Good luck Blake!
Chris

Blake Clark 09-03-2012 07:34 PM

Bah...

I may start working on a custom pod for two more gauges on the steering column, one for rail pressure, and one for drive pressure. If I dont get it done, or bomb on it, I may go back to H&S with a MiniMaxx mounted outta the way just for additional gauges, shift on the fly, great customer support, and the MCC possibilities.

Aint decided yet.

sctsnpr 09-04-2012 11:17 AM

The MCC looks promising. I'm on the fence as well.

Beast2B 09-04-2012 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 3127734)
Well, at least I got an answer this time.

I hope it's not until they figure out the reason I get a MIL and flashing ETC trying to return my truck to stock! They're working on that, too. Truck is bone stock and I've only run the non-ME loads to disable the EGR and add 30hp. I gotta smog by October, so if I have to have the dealer flash it back to stock for smog I'm gonna be steamin'... Hmmm, maybe an H&S flash and return to stock would work temporarily? Sound possible?

Blake Clark 09-05-2012 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Beast2B (Post 3129926)
I hope it's not until they figure out the reason I get a MIL and flashing ETC trying to return my truck to stock! They're working on that, too. Truck is bone stock and I've only run the non-ME loads to disable the EGR and add 30hp. I gotta smog by October, so if I have to have the dealer flash it back to stock for smog I'm gonna be steamin'... Hmmm, maybe an H&S flash and return to stock would work temporarily? Sound possible?

If it were me, and I had the a H&S tuner available, I would unload the Smarty, reload the H&S, then back to stock, see if that helps.