4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

AMP Research Powerstep

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink AMP Research Powerstep

So, yesterday afternoon I fitted on a set of AMP Research Powersteps on my '14 3500. Couple tips for anyone doing this install.
When removing the module from under the dash to get to the blue, white and black connectors, you need 1/4" ratchet, 7mm socket and about a 12" extension to get to the screw that is on the ebrake side of the box, straight up. Not fun to get to. The two screws on the right just need to be backed off.

When hooking up the power, pull the fuse on the amp harness. Easier to not mess with hot wires and short something.

The blue connector has two violet/gray wires. One of these two control the driver's side rear door. Gotta test for that.

Installing the boards, you need to step on them to seat them.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the post hope to take delivery of my 3500 srw aisin crew cab this week and would like to get my amp steps installed over the weekend. How long did it take you?
Old 07-29-2014, 06:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I had the dealer install my AMP steps before delivery. over 8 years of total satisfaction.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by neversatisfied
Thanks for the post hope to take delivery of my 3500 srw aisin crew cab this week and would like to get my amp steps installed over the weekend. How long did it take you?
5 hours like was called for.

Lessons learned from the install, I could probably knock it out in 3 hours. Just those tips on the control box could have saved me 45 minutes.

Installing the rivetnuts were not bad. I used all the factory holes and did not have to adjust anything. I did step on the boards to seat them in and I think this helped.

The install shop up the road wanted $300 to install. After rolling around on the creeper in the driveway doing it in the heat, it was starting to seem pretty cheap. But I know the wires are run right and it was done right.