Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/)
-   -   2011 Need MORE Smoke ^ Noise (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/2011-need-more-smoke-%5E-noise-283608/)

Tim Harden 01-12-2011 02:56 PM

2011 6.7 Mods

I have 2011 Cummins with an H&S Performance Mini Max, DPF Delete Kit and 5" straight pipe (turbo to tip) and the truck is extremely quit and makes very very very little smoke. How the heck can I make it loader and generate more smoke????? I also installed a "smoke switch" and it doesn't help much either. Do I just have to take the hit and by an Edge Box??? Would go with a Smarty but I want something I can adjust on the fly.

Don't get me wrong I dont want to go around town smokin up the place but having the ability to dump it out once in awhile is nice. I miss my 05, it was load and rolled the coal when needed.

Any thoughts on glasspacks, I read some threads and most say you wont notice the difference, same with changing out the 5" exhaust for a 4", not much difference in the sound.

Has anyone changed the exhaust manifold and has it made a difference in the sound?

I'd like to keep the stock turbo setup, due to the exhaust brake. Any other ideas on how to make it loader or increase the black stuff ???

djcheez 01-12-2011 08:37 PM

.11 tune

Tim Harden 01-12-2011 09:53 PM

Are you talking about the H&S 6.8.11 update? If so doesn't the lastest update include all previous updates? I currently have 6.8.13 update loaded on my truck

signature600 01-13-2011 08:04 AM

Oh wow...not again!

Chris

djcheez 01-13-2011 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tim Harden (Post 2905677)
Are you talking about the H&S 6.8.11 update? If so doesn't the lastest update include all previous updates? I currently have 6.8.13 update loaded on my truck

different tune. try the .11

Mike Holmen 01-13-2011 09:03 AM

Put in some bigger injector nozzles and stack a TS MP-8 with the H&S. At that point you'll need a bigger turbo. I'm just about to try a 2nd gen manifold and a few different turbos. Just waiting for the weather to warm-up some. You probably can get 600-700rwhp with slightly larger nozzles. I have a set of 35% oversized nozzles. Of course the driveline will complain, but thats the next mod. You might need to put in a fuel rail pressure shim, and modify the CP3 for more volume. I still haven't found the limit of the CP3. Stock with the H&S, there is a small amount of fuel available. The hottest/smokey H&S tune is the **** hot, non turbo tune.

Here is the custom mini tunes.
http://www.hsperformance.com/mini-ma...tom-downloads/

Tim Harden 01-13-2011 07:06 PM

I have the fuel rail mods purchased at H&S and will be adding injectors and changing exhaust manifold and turbo once I figure out the best ones to go with. Would really like to keep the stock exhaust brake though.

Mike Holmen 01-15-2011 09:09 AM

The 10/11 seems to have more CP3 volume than the earlier 6.7L trucks. What size of sticks you thinking about running? I'm going to use a 2nd gen manifold and try a few singles just for kicks. I want to try a set of injectors as well, so I'm going to build-up a set of twins using the stocker.

The real problem with the HE351VGT turbo, if you want a responsive turbo, you're going to have egt issues. Other than the e-brake, I'm not overly impressed with the stock turbo.[duhhh][laugh]

sgt snake 01-19-2011 10:26 PM

most important question, how does it run? i just ordered the mini max, trans tune, fuel rail shim and dpf delete. just wondering if its a waste of money or if this truck will finally move its edit.

Tim Harden 01-23-2011 09:15 AM

I up loaded the hot dam setup that H&S just came out with. The truck runs great, the sound seemed to go up a notch and it now makes the little cloud of smoke... just what I was looking for

Mike Holmen 01-23-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by sgt snake (Post 2909724)
most important question, how does it run? i just ordered the mini max, trans tune, fuel rail shim and dpf delete. just wondering if its a waste of money or if this truck will finally move its edit.

No still isn't fast enough, at least for me. Trouble is it accelerates way better and you start to like it.[coffee][laugh]

Mike Holmen 01-23-2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by signature600 (Post 2905843)
Oh wow...not again!

Chris

Chris, you should just try and keep up with all the changes.[laugh] I'm still working my way thru the 6.8.12 custom tunes.

6.8.15 is out now. I still like the 6.8.11 tune, the best all around street fun, good gas mileage tune.[coffee]

New2Diesel 02-02-2011 07:42 AM

6.8.18 is the tune that cam in my Mini Maxx today!! I also have the latest trans tuning as well as the (4) custom tunes from the site. HOT DAMM Aggressive and No Turbo tuning, and MILD aggressive and No Turbo tuning.

Can someone tell me if I can run any of those custom tunes? Whats the difference?

Mike Holmen 02-02-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by New2Diesel (Post 2917348)
6.8.18 is the tune that cam in my Mini Maxx today!! I also have the latest trans tuning as well as the (4) custom tunes from the site. HOT DAMM Aggressive and No Turbo tuning, and MILD aggressive and No Turbo tuning.

Can someone tell me if I can run any of those custom tunes? Whats the difference?

Hot Damm-agro, have the big (175HP) power tune for the hot setting, turbo VGT set for rapid spool-up and max turbo responsiveness.
mild tune-no agro, have the 120 power tune, no turbo VGT tuning.

New2Diesel 02-02-2011 07:53 AM

Thanks brother. Have you ran one of those yet? Which one can I run?