4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2010 with 35" tires and mods

Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM
  #16  
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado
 
Blake Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Posts: 5,490
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think on the factory wheels he would be ok.

Had a friend with an 08 Mega that had 35x12.50 with no level and they only rubbed slightly in off camber situations.

The 2010's are so similar to the 3rd gens there is no reason to think they wouldnt perform the same.
Blake Clark is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
  #17  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark View Post

The 2010's are so similar to the 3rd gens there is no reason to think they wouldnt perform the same.
When I first read this I thought, "naw..." because there is a lot that is different on the gen's - but when I look at your pics of the two gen's side-by-side, the wheel well sizes around the tires look very to be VERY similar. Maybe the only issue with no leveling and 35's would be at the inside back corner on a turn, as that seemed to be somewhat close even with stock wheels/tires?
ramtradxb is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 AM
  #18  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 07 dodge and had 35x12.50x20s toyo open country mts and the series xd 20" black monster rims. I took them off of my truck for now and put them on our 2010 dodge 3/4 ton long bed 4x4. I have a leveling kit on my 07 and just installed the same leveling kit on the 2010. It never rubbed on my 07 at all, but the monster black rims have the perfect offset (can't remember off the top of my head). When I installed them on the 2010 it only rubs on the driver side...and its just hitting the plastic on the inner fender. Ill try to post a pic of it this weekend on here but why would it only be rubbing on one side? I checked the distance from the tire to the fender on each side and its the same. Could the plastic be off by that much? Thanks
blackbullet is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM
  #19  
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado
 
Blake Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Posts: 5,490
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ramtradxb View Post
When I first read this I thought, "naw..." because there is a lot that is different on the gen's - but when I look at your pics of the two gen's side-by-side, the wheel well sizes around the tires look very to be VERY similar. Maybe the only issue with no leveling and 35's would be at the inside back corner on a turn, as that seemed to be somewhat close even with stock wheels/tires?
Actually most of the chassis and drive train, suspension etc is all a carry over. A lift that works on a 3rd will work for a 4th gen. Rogers B&W turnover ball was ordered for an '09

The cab suspension is new, and all the sheet metal and interior is new, but the blood and guts are pretty much the same.
Blake Clark is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
  #20  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark View Post
Actually most of the chassis and drive train, suspension etc is all a carry over. A lift that works on a 3rd will work for a 4th gen. Rogers B&W turnover ball was ordered for an '09

The cab suspension is new, and all the sheet metal and interior is new, but the blood and guts are pretty much the same.
In my case, the troubles I had with my last 3rd gen were all interior (like the heat/aircon direct door, repeated driver door panel failure, etc.) or noise and such - all things that were changed for the 4th gen. So I really see and appreciate the differences. As for the drivetrain, since my last 3rd gen had a lift kit, the ride was compromised, while the 4th gen is stock (except for leveling block) so it feels significantly better ... interesting to hear it's (blood and guts = drivetrain?) essentially the same as 3rd gen.
ramtradxb is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM
  #21  
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado
 
Blake Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Posts: 5,490
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ramtradxb View Post
In my case, the troubles I had with my last 3rd gen were all interior (like the heat/aircon direct door, repeated driver door panel failure, etc.) or noise and such - all things that were changed for the 4th gen. So I really see and appreciate the differences. As for the drivetrain, since my last 3rd gen had a lift kit, the ride was compromised, while the 4th gen is stock (except for leveling block) so it feels significantly better ... interesting to hear it's (blood and guts = drivetrain?) essentially the same as 3rd gen.
Yeah I mean the drive train and a majority of the undercarriage. The 4th gens are ridiculous nice. Thats what I meant about Rog's truck, makes me sick cause I get that urge every time I drive it...

For the record, I love that truck!
Blake Clark is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM
  #22  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark View Post
makes me sick cause I get that urge every time I drive it...
That's why I stay away from showroom floors unless I'm ready to dump the cash there - that urge is too hard to resist. Why not work a deal with Roger to trade trucks once a month for a weekend...LOL
ramtradxb is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 PM
  #23  
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado
 
Blake Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Posts: 5,490
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ramtradxb View Post
That's why I stay away from showroom floors unless I'm ready to dump the cash there - that urge is too hard to resist. Why not work a deal with Roger to trade trucks once a month for a weekend...LOL
Normally do, we both have access to each others trucks whenever we want. Just been working away lately.
Blake Clark is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:01 PM
  #24  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark View Post
Normally do, we both have access to each others trucks whenever we want. Just been working away lately.
That's a sign of true friends - letting each other drive each others' trucks! Pretty much all of my friends I'd trust to drive mine won't - they either hate driving bigger vehicles, or hate being the designated driver.
Hope you get back home for the Holiday!
ramtradxb is offline  
Old 08-28-2010, 03:58 AM
  #25  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Youngtown, Arizona
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What gears do you guys have and what kind of rpm's do you run with the taller tires?
Lurch519 is offline  
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 PM
  #26  
Registered User
 
rjrjrusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love all the misinformation out there. I have a 2010 and 35's rub unless you trim and or put a leveling kit on it. Also if you get after market rims, watch what off set you get or you have to lift even more. I put a 6" lift on mine and no rubbing. When you go with 35's, the truck does show low pressure, except for some times when the pressure builds up on the highway due to heat. You have to be over 50 PSIG to not have the light go on and then you have to have the switch in low pressure mode, and still it comes on sometimes. Hope this helps
rjrjrusa is offline  
Old 08-29-2010, 09:29 PM
  #27  
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado
 
Blake Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Posts: 5,490
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rjrjrusa View Post
When you go with 35's, the truck does show low pressure, except for some times when the pressure builds up on the highway due to heat. You have to be over 50 PSIG to not have the light go on and then you have to have the switch in low pressure mode, and still it comes on sometimes. Hope this helps
If you were to properly adjust your tire pressure for the TPMS system you would not have that problem.
Blake Clark is offline  
Old 08-30-2010, 06:25 AM
  #28  
Registered User
 
rjrjrusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can properly adjust the tire pressure all you want but if you are not over 50 PSIG which is slightly higer than 35's are rated for, the light appears. You can't get Class E tires in 35's or above.
rjrjrusa is offline  
Old 08-30-2010, 08:09 AM
  #29  
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado
 
Blake Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home: Kaplan, LA - Pipelining In: St Clairsville, OH
Posts: 5,490
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rjrjrusa View Post
You can properly adjust the tire pressure all you want but if you are not over 50 PSIG which is slightly higer than 35's are rated for, the light appears. You can't get Class E tires in 35's or above.
I'm afraid you're wrong.

I know you are trying to help, but you may have been misinformed, or just be unaware.

SEVERAL tire options in Load Range E in 35" and ABOVE, including, but not limited to:

Toyo Open Country MT in sizes up to 37x12.50


Nitto Trail Grappler in sizes up to 38x13.50

Nitto Mud Grappler in sizes up to 38x13.50

Just to name a few.

All are more than capable of being ran at the required 60psi front and 45 psi rear (light load) or 70psi (heavy load) required for the TPMS.
Blake Clark is offline  
Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM
  #30  
Registered User
 
rjrjrusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you can get them in 37's and 38's but I have never found class "E" in 35's. To go with the 37's or 38's you have to go up with a lift
rjrjrusa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 with 35" tires and mods


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.