Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/)
-   -   2010 with 35" tires and mods (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/2010-35-tires-mods-272170/)

Igor 06-22-2010 11:16 AM

2010 with 35" tires and mods
 
Hey guys,

I am considering selling my 05 (which has been a great truck) and getting a new 2010.

I would like to run 35" tires with 4.10 gears on the 2010. Anyone have any pictures and fitment comments? What do I need to run 35s without issues (no dashboard air pressure warning lights, no CEL lights, etc).

Also does Smarty or anyone make a simple tuner to add a little bit of power but remain "low key" and reliable in an otherwise stone stock truck.

Thanks guys

[coffee]

roger.t 06-22-2010 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 67699

35's with just a leveling kit.

ramtradxb 06-22-2010 01:05 PM

Roger, don't forget to mention that you had to do a little trimming to get those 35's to not rub at the limits...(but dang that truck looks good!)
Igor - read some of the other posts regarding rear end ratios - if you're not doing some heavy-duty towing the 4:10's may be overkill for you.

roger.t 06-22-2010 01:24 PM

almost forgot. to prevent any rubbing at full turn i had to tie the finder liner back a little. no trimming though.

redlineguy 06-26-2010 06:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They hit on my 04 also but does not hurt anything its just plastic. What kind of lift did you go with on the 10?? I have a 3" pro comp.
Think I might get a new one soon.

Attachment 67664

kerry.king 06-26-2010 08:35 AM

I saw an article in the last issue of diesel world on a new dodge that came factory with 35s. its sweet. and its not the power wagon either. has a ctd. all kinds of extras

Blake Clark 06-26-2010 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ramtradxb (Post 2789469)
Roger, don't forget to mention that you had to do a little trimming to get those 35's to not rub at the limits...(but dang that truck looks good!)
Igor - read some of the other posts regarding rear end ratios - if you're not doing some heavy-duty towing the 4:10's may be overkill for you.

Ditto on this, 3.73 with the 68RE is a sweet setup, even with 35's. Add a Smarty in the mix and you have plenty to go round....

More shots of Rogs truck, sittin next to mine...

Attachment 67659

Attachment 67660

Attachment 67661

Both trucks required similar trimming to prevent rubbing at full lock. Both have the same leveling kit. Mine will still rub some on a hard bounce while turning offroad. Its take a good bit to make it rub though, wont rub any on the street.

And for the record, I cant stand Rog's truck.....


It makes me want to go get a new one...... [laugh][laugh]

ramtradxb 06-26-2010 12:31 PM


Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2791885)
Ditto on this, 3.73 with the 68RE is a sweet setup, even with 35's. Add a Smarty in the mix and you have plenty to go round....

More shots of Rogs truck, sittin next to mine...
Both trucks required similar trimming to prevent rubbing at full lock. Both have the same leveling kit. Mine will still rub some on a hard bounce while turning offroad. Its take a good bit to make it rub though, wont rub any on the street.

And for the record, I cant stand Rog's truck.....


It makes me want to go get a new one...... [laugh][laugh]

If you can't stand it, why do you have the same wheels? (LOL)

Blake Clark 06-26-2010 12:34 PM


Originally Posted by ramtradxb (Post 2791901)
If you can't stand it, why do you have the same wheels? (LOL)

Cause he got to em before I could....

[laugh]

RRC 06-26-2010 02:20 PM

IMO trimming for 35's is ONLY required if you have the wrong offset wheels. I ran 35's on stock wheels for quite a while with NO leveling kit!! Good luck...

ramtradxb 06-27-2010 02:38 AM


Originally Posted by RRC (Post 2791958)
IMO trimming for 35's is ONLY required if you have the wrong offset wheels. I ran 35's on stock wheels for quite a while with NO leveling kit!! Good luck...

Looks like you have a third gen truck - the original post was talking about a fourth gen truck - different geometry, and besides, there is no "wrong offset" - just different offsets...

DJM 06-27-2010 10:40 AM

So...... and I am sure this has been asked & answered somewhere on here before, but for a newbie & simpleton like me ...... what's the largest size tire & wheel I can put on a 2010 25004wd without changing anything else ?

Thanks in advance for your responses

Blake Clark 06-27-2010 01:45 PM

Stock only I'd say 35's and you may experience a slight bit of rubbing in some offroad situations.

Stock wheels and a leveling kit and no worries.

Any bigger than 35's and you should lift it some.

RRC 06-27-2010 03:57 PM


Originally Posted by ramtradxb (Post 2792245)
Looks like you have a third gen truck - the original post was talking about a fourth gen truck - different geometry, and besides, there is no "wrong offset" - just different offsets...

Well pardon me Mr. Moderator!!!!!!!!!!!! Just sharing my own experiences.... Maybe you should hand out them "know it all" pills to everyone......

ramtradxb 06-27-2010 05:51 PM


Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2792413)
Stock only I'd say 35's and you may experience a slight bit of rubbing in some offroad situations.

Stock wheels and a leveling kit and no worries.

Any bigger than 35's and you should lift it some.

I wonder what size he can do without a leveling kit? Think 35's would still fit?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands