4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2010 with 35" tires and mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I think on the factory wheels he would be ok.

Had a friend with an 08 Mega that had 35x12.50 with no level and they only rubbed slightly in off camber situations.

The 2010's are so similar to the 3rd gens there is no reason to think they wouldnt perform the same.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark

The 2010's are so similar to the 3rd gens there is no reason to think they wouldnt perform the same.
When I first read this I thought, "naw..." because there is a lot that is different on the gen's - but when I look at your pics of the two gen's side-by-side, the wheel well sizes around the tires look very to be VERY similar. Maybe the only issue with no leveling and 35's would be at the inside back corner on a turn, as that seemed to be somewhat close even with stock wheels/tires?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 AM

I have an 07 dodge and had 35x12.50x20s toyo open country mts and the series xd 20" black monster rims. I took them off of my truck for now and put them on our 2010 dodge 3/4 ton long bed 4x4. I have a leveling kit on my 07 and just installed the same leveling kit on the 2010. It never rubbed on my 07 at all, but the monster black rims have the perfect offset (can't remember off the top of my head). When I installed them on the 2010 it only rubs on the driver side...and its just hitting the plastic on the inner fender. Ill try to post a pic of it this weekend on here but why would it only be rubbing on one side? I checked the distance from the tire to the fender on each side and its the same. Could the plastic be off by that much? Thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ramtradxb
When I first read this I thought, "naw..." because there is a lot that is different on the gen's - but when I look at your pics of the two gen's side-by-side, the wheel well sizes around the tires look very to be VERY similar. Maybe the only issue with no leveling and 35's would be at the inside back corner on a turn, as that seemed to be somewhat close even with stock wheels/tires?
Actually most of the chassis and drive train, suspension etc is all a carry over. A lift that works on a 3rd will work for a 4th gen. Rogers B&W turnover ball was ordered for an '09

The cab suspension is new, and all the sheet metal and interior is new, but the blood and guts are pretty much the same.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM

Actually most of the chassis and drive train, suspension etc is all a carry over. A lift that works on a 3rd will work for a 4th gen. Rogers B&W turnover ball was ordered for an '09

The cab suspension is new, and all the sheet metal and interior is new, but the blood and guts are pretty much the same.
In my case, the troubles I had with my last 3rd gen were all interior (like the heat/aircon direct door, repeated driver door panel failure, etc.) or noise and such - all things that were changed for the 4th gen. So I really see and appreciate the differences. As for the drivetrain, since my last 3rd gen had a lift kit, the ride was compromised, while the 4th gen is stock (except for leveling block) so it feels significantly better ... interesting to hear it's (blood and guts = drivetrain?) essentially the same as 3rd gen.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM

In my case, the troubles I had with my last 3rd gen were all interior (like the heat/aircon direct door, repeated driver door panel failure, etc.) or noise and such - all things that were changed for the 4th gen. So I really see and appreciate the differences. As for the drivetrain, since my last 3rd gen had a lift kit, the ride was compromised, while the 4th gen is stock (except for leveling block) so it feels significantly better ... interesting to hear it's (blood and guts = drivetrain?) essentially the same as 3rd gen.
Yeah I mean the drive train and a majority of the undercarriage. The 4th gens are ridiculous nice. Thats what I meant about Rog's truck, makes me sick cause I get that urge every time I drive it...

For the record, I love that truck!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM

makes me sick cause I get that urge every time I drive it...
That's why I stay away from showroom floors unless I'm ready to dump the cash there - that urge is too hard to resist. Why not work a deal with Roger to trade trucks once a month for a weekend...LOL
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 PM

That's why I stay away from showroom floors unless I'm ready to dump the cash there - that urge is too hard to resist. Why not work a deal with Roger to trade trucks once a month for a weekend...LOL
Normally do, we both have access to each others trucks whenever we want. Just been working away lately.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Normally do, we both have access to each others trucks whenever we want. Just been working away lately.
That's a sign of true friends - letting each other drive each others' trucks! Pretty much all of my friends I'd trust to drive mine won't - they either hate driving bigger vehicles, or hate being the designated driver.
Hope you get back home for the Holiday!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:58 AM

What gears do you guys have and what kind of rpm's do you run with the taller tires?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 PM

I love all the misinformation out there. I have a 2010 and 35's rub unless you trim and or put a leveling kit on it. Also if you get after market rims, watch what off set you get or you have to lift even more. I put a 6" lift on mine and no rubbing. When you go with 35's, the truck does show low pressure, except for some times when the pressure builds up on the highway due to heat. You have to be over 50 PSIG to not have the light go on and then you have to have the switch in low pressure mode, and still it comes on sometimes. Hope this helps
Old 08-29-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by rjrjrusa
When you go with 35's, the truck does show low pressure, except for some times when the pressure builds up on the highway due to heat. You have to be over 50 PSIG to not have the light go on and then you have to have the switch in low pressure mode, and still it comes on sometimes. Hope this helps
If you were to properly adjust your tire pressure for the TPMS system you would not have that problem.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:25 AM

You can properly adjust the tire pressure all you want but if you are not over 50 PSIG which is slightly higer than 35's are rated for, the light appears. You can't get Class E tires in 35's or above.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by rjrjrusa
You can properly adjust the tire pressure all you want but if you are not over 50 PSIG which is slightly higer than 35's are rated for, the light appears. You can't get Class E tires in 35's or above.
I'm afraid you're wrong.

I know you are trying to help, but you may have been misinformed, or just be unaware.

SEVERAL tire options in Load Range E in 35" and ABOVE, including, but not limited to:

Toyo Open Country MT in sizes up to 37x12.50

Nitto Trail Grappler in sizes up to 38x13.50

Nitto Mud Grappler in sizes up to 38x13.50

Just to name a few.

All are more than capable of being ran at the required 60psi front and 45 psi rear (light load) or 70psi (heavy load) required for the TPMS.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM

Yes you can get them in 37's and 38's but I have never found class "E" in 35's. To go with the 37's or 38's you have to go up with a lift

Quick Reply: 2010 with 35" tires and mods