4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2 micron on a 10 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Blake, because you asked.

For me - and most likely only me here - I can slide out of my wheelchair and do what I need to under the truck, and then I am able to do a chin-up to get back into my chair.

But when it comes to doing anything under to hood, I have a boom crane and a manlift harness that we use to lift me up to where I need to be.

In case you'er wondering, the boom crane is NOT a great way to work, but it's all I can do. My son operates the crane and the wife goes shopping.

So anything I can setup to service low is great and some times that means I do things a little backwards.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Larry in your case I can completely understand the reasoning behind it.

I was more refering to Carl48's statement about running the 2micron before the 7micron factory filter.

This is how I see it. My example.

You want to filter several different types of media from water. Sand and gravel. You have two different filtering setups. One is a common household spaghetti stainer, this collects the rocks. The second is a pair of your wifes finest panty hose. This collects the sand. Wouldnt it make more sense to pass the water through the spaghetti strainer first, and remove the rocks while the sand continues, and the pass the rock filtered water through the pantyhose and let it filter the sand for clean water.

To me it wouldnt make much sense to pass the rocky sandy water through the pantyhose first, and then pass it through the spaghetti strainer that would be filtering already clean filtered water......

Just my view on things.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 PM

I thought you'd enjoy the image of a old, fat gimpy guy swinging on a rope over the engine compartment. You should see me replacing shingles on a roof! The wife went to her sisters in mississippi for a week when we did that job.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:17 PM

Stargazer,the fact you do the work on your stuff is awesome. So many people let their minor disabilities get in the way. I thought I couldn't do a thing when I had my neck surgery a few years ago. Just noticed your an Illinoisans. I'm in southern Illinois.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 AM

I thought I cought a hint of illinois accent in your typing .We are a little sounth of Peoria. Glad to have you in the group buddy.

We have a lot of family in the area of St. Louis, Marion, West Frankford and my father in law and some of the wifes family is over toward harrisburg.

With as widely scattered family as ours is, there's not too many places in s. Illinois that are not occupied by our tribes.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM

that accent is my Dell Streaks auto correct. I was raised in the big town of Elkville. just north of carbondale. I lived for about 8 months in Normal when I worked for a collection law firm. Spent a fair amount of time in Tazwell county court house. Next time your down this way give a shout and maybe we can meet.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:17 PM

Most of us around here try to stay out of the Tazewell court house. You get a pass of course, if you were a foreigner from abNormal. LOL

I'll be happy to give you a shout on the next "tour" and that goes for you too. I brew a mean expresso!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 PM

Well at least I was paid to be there. I thought it was a pretty nice court house compared to some I had been in. Absolutely if I ever make it to Pekin I will give you a shout. I sometimes go to Peoria for seminars, for some reason they think I need more education, as if 8 years and four degrees wasn't enough. Should have gone to auto tech school, at least then I could work on my truck in a shop as opposed to my gravel driveway.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 PM

Well, I got my large self over the engine bay today and installed the Glacier Diesel MKII and Big Line Kit. Took me about 2 1/2 hours very tight access but it's in and working. I used the Fleetguard that came with the kit. I am not ready to delete the EGR and Cooler yet but I had to remove and replace the crossover exhaust pipe to do the GDP filter installation. The crossover exhaust pipe was lined with soot and soot powder fell out 1,600 miles on the truck and I don't idle a lot and the exhaust brake is always on. I got to get the tuner and delete this emission system soon.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 PM

The Dodge guys have got to be getting a ton of repairs over this crud. I wonder what it will take before they understand it was a mistake and fix it right. I know they can't (won't) fight with the EPA but there has to be something that they can do.