4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

'12 on the way

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking '12 on the way

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered my '12 HO cclb dually Laramie 4x2 auto 3.73. I have some questions for all of you out there since I will be doing the egr and dpf deletes (strictly for off-road applications).

1) Which dpf/cat delete exhaust kit will be the best as I don't want to hear this thing and keep it as quiet as a stock truck if at all possible. I have a 93 straight piped that I can listen to when I need to validate my man card.

2) Any ideas when a smarty will come out for this truck?

3) Any other programer out there that will give me the low end that the smarty does that is available now? My only smarty experience is from my ol' '02 with rv 275's. Man I loved that low end performance of that unit.

4) Is there a cold-air system out there that can rival the Scotty's of old?

Truck will stay stock for the most part as I just want to get rid of the problem children the EPA forced on us and get rid of that awful torque management program on these trucks. Happy New Year Guys and Gals and thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDevil
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered my '12 HO cclb dually Laramie 4x2 auto 3.73. I have some questions for all of you out there since I will be doing the egr and dpf deletes (strictly for off-road applications).

Congrats!

1) Which dpf/cat delete exhaust kit will be the best as I don't want to hear this thing and keep it as quiet as a stock truck if at all possible. I have a 93 straight piped that I can listen to when I need to validate my man card.

Get a 4" downpipe and delete pipe and plumb it into the factory muffler. Will be really quiet.

2) Any ideas when a smarty will come out for this truck?

2 weeks to never.

3) Any other programer out there that will give me the low end that the smarty does that is available now? My only smarty experience is from my ol' '02 with rv 275's. Man I loved that low end performance of that unit.

Do yourself a favor and get an H&S. I did not want one, was holding out for a Smarty. Glad I got the H&S. Well worth the money, and performs just as well as the Smarty. Customer service actually exist too, and is a bajillion time better.

4) Is there a cold-air system out there that can rival the Scotty's of old?

Nah. Scotty was/is/will forever be a one of... And Im talking the filter as well as the Canuck.

S&B or AFE are your best bet.

Truck will stay stock for the most part as I just want to get rid of the problem children the EPA forced on us and get rid of that awful torque management program on these trucks. Happy New Year Guys and Gals and thanks in advance.

Be careful with the auto and a programmer, but as long as your not on armegeddon mode (ie, more than 100hp) the 68RE should hold. Iver heard nothing but good about H&S's tranny tuning.

HAVE FUN! Good to see older members getting into the 4th gen crowd.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Just pray you can afford any major breakdowns. Once you delete, your warranty is gone johnson.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM

Agree with Blake, above with the one exception. If you're wanting quiet, I'd keep the stock down pipe and go with just a delete pipe. The turbo quiets the 6.7 quite a bit, but with the stock down pipe in place it will be hardly louder than stock. You could always add the aftermarket down pipe later if it's too quiet.

Another vote for H&S for your programmer, especially since they also offer trans tuning. You also don't NEED a cold air kit, the factory one is supposedly good up to ~500hp. I would go with S&B, though, if I were getting one.

Jeff.