4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

12' cc 6.7

Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 AM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thegoat86
Talked to the service manager at Ferman dodge in Lutz florida. He was very helpful. His major complaint was the sulfer content or lack thereof is causing most of the sooting. The throttle plate does close off the intake during regen. That is why the soot backs up into the turbo tubes and part of the turbo. So essentially the truck runs like crap because the turbo is not being used. Almost naturally aspirated during the regen process. He also informed me just doing the EGR and DPF delete will not void a warranty. Only changing the exhaust system as a whole would void the warranty. However doing these deletes then running a tuner would. And then only the engine. Nothing else would void. The reason is they do not know how the tuner is setting power levels and putting stress on the motor. He eluded to the fact that I could get these done by the dealer... But I don't think that is what he meant. Anyways, I am more comfortable buying the truck now armed with this info. The oil sooting is caused by the EGR and regen. He stated whenever a truck has come through with sooting, they do a full clean and he has never seen sooting on the valves. A 2012 only gets the 6yr 75,000 mile engine warranty. The engine new from the dealer runs $6-7K short block. So I am going down to order tomorrow. I hope this helps anyone on the fence about getting this truck. I also did a little research on the kits to delete the EGR DPF, the most cost effective I have come across will run about $1500. smarty jr tuner, 5" aluminized MBRP ex, H&S delete kit.
You do not need to purchase egr delete like you have listed above. On my truck, I have just removed my dpf and the 2nd cat, and made myself a homemade 4in delete pipe. The rest of the stuff doesn't need to be done to do a delete. I personally would run the H&S tuner over the smarty.

Most cost effective way of bypassing the emission equipment is to just unplug the egr, add a delete pipe and run resistors.

Really all you need is to get the head cleaned and use E rated engine oil, if you don't delete. The short block engine would be fine. Most of the carbon will come out fairly easy.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM

Warranty is dropping to 75k on the 12s? Is that just total admitting defeat with regards to liability?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Two choices really...

1. Buy the truck, leave it stock and enjoy it until the warranty runs out. Then decided whether to delete.
2. Buy the truck, do the deletes, lose sleep over the warranty but know that the truck is breathing better, gets better mpgs and will probably last longer.

Just know that deletes are not mandatory to having a good ownership experience. These are great trucks from the factory , but can be even made better with the deletes.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Keeping the truck stock. My build sheet is 2012, Crew Cab, 4X4, 6.7, G56, SLT, 8' box. Mineral grey, dark slate interior. Split bench premium cloth. Running lights, fog lamps, integrated trailer brake controller, Nav, power rear window, spray in liner, no chrome anywhere but the bumpers. I got the cheapies for rims and tires. I will be getting custom 17" forged aluminum wheels with 315/70R17 goodyear wrangler dura tracs. Load rande E.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by thegoat86
. A 2012 only gets the 6yr 75,000 mile engine warranty.
Enlighten me...when did this happen? I was just at the dealers pricing a 4500 C&C and was told the warranty on the engine is still 160,000 kilometers or 100,000 miles. Did you read this or see this change somewhere?

Edit:
I called the dealer and the 12's have a complete 160,000 Kilometer or 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty and I got this from the USA RAM site...

5 years, 100,000 miles of coverage

We're confident in our vehicles, which is why we back them with a 5-Year / 100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty[1]. The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a covered powertrain component — engine, transmission and drive system — on most new Ram vehicles. Coverage also includes free towing to the nearest Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge or Ram dealer, if necessary. The warranty is transferable too, so if you sell your vehicle during the warranty period, the new owner will still be covered.

Plus, our 3-Year / 36,000-Mile Basic Limited Warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for your vehicle, from the body to the electrical system.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/warranty/

I tried to find that [1] on that page to see what the disclaimer was/is but not sure where it is...obviously fine print. LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 10:24 PM

Nebie Dodge owner

I would like to know what happened also. I just bought a 12 model 3500 dually Longhorn long bed. All I could get was 6 years 75,000 miles. I am ok with that. But what I am really bummed about is the god aweful mileage. My highway mileage is what my 05 Ford 6.0 use to get towing my 14K fifth wheel. My towing mileage is in the tank at 8.9. My Ford use to get 19-19.5 running 75 empty. I could get 12-12.5 towing all day long. Love the truck. But would gladly trade back for my 05 Ford with 165K trouble free miles and would even let them make 3K on the deal.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM

(scotty) You are looking at a chasis cab. I was told this by the sales manager. Plus canadian dealers may not have the same rules/regs as american. I don't have an answer. Maybe call a dealer and ask.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2012 came with a 5 year 100k warranty, for what it is worth I deleted my warranty at 300 miles
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 AM

Read the fine print. 5 year 100k on some parts. not bumper to bumper I would guess. I dont have the full disclosure. Just what is on my build sheet. I assume you can look it up somewhere though.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 PM

Picked up my truck (boat) the other day. I was able to get the 3.42 gearing with the G56. I have no complaints about the power or ride in this truck. It is def what I have been waiting for. I do however notice a really low MPG on this beast. Going from +20 to 16.5 at highway speed is going to take some getting used to. I do however love the fact that the truck shifts easily up and down without the clutch. Still grind gears in my NV4500. This is much smoother and gives a more positive shift. I do find the gear combo for the stoplight to be; 2nd 4th 6th. Other than that you can get pretty far behind everyone while you jam gears. Good power band is around 1900 to 2600. Can actually do a u-turn in a double lane intersection without curbing. I am going to proceed with the deletes as money warrants. I dont like driving 100miles a day at 16MPG. even though diesel is $3.50 here in FL. Love the exhaust brake. Doing the roll on bed liner this weekend. Then my fiver is going in the bed next weekend. Side note; My 98' 12V p-pumper is for sale now. Hopefully it will pay for my deletes.
Attached Thumbnails 12' cc 6.7-truck-front.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 03:01 PM

BTW, warranty was 5 yr 75K. They gave me the options for different levels of warranty I could purchase. Being 5yr 100K and 6yr unlimited. At a yearly premium cost. Always having the hand out.

Search this Thread