Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/)
-   -   12' budget deleting. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-high-performance-accessories-2010-up-200/12-budget-deleting-323474/)

thegoat86 11-09-2015 11:29 AM

12' budget deleting.

So, I am going to do my deletes now. My first plugged DPF caused this.

2012 CTD G56 In sig.

I got items from various websites who have what I need at the lowest price I could find. Keeping reputable companies at the forefront.

Here is what I have sourced so far. (Remember all these parts are new. There can be cheaper parts obtained through CL and ebay, but buyer beware.)

From Sinister Diesel, Delete kit, part# SD-EGRD-6.7C-10 $199 all in. I used ThoroughbredDiesel.com

My tuner came from RaceME. Model# Rme-12 $899 all in. I used Dieselpowerproducts.com out of Washington. This is one of the only remaining NEW tuners that can support the deletes. All other cheaper tuners will not support deletes.

For my DPF/CAT delete, I chose to keep my 4" exhaust and use a down pipe from; FLO~PRO. 4" Turbo Down Pipe Kit 2007.5-2012 6.7L Dodge Cummins 835. $230 all in. I used Dieselpowerproducts.com out of Washington.

An EGT gauge is kinda the minimum you should need doing this setup. It is vital to keep an eye on at least that. Any additional gauges will be your preference. My gauge came from glowshiftgauges.com It is called; Black 7 Color 2400 F Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge. $112.99 all in. I like this one as it has the whole install kit and probe kit inclusive. It also has the color change face. Which can be used to match your cluster color.

I have the tuner and the delete kit. They were here within two days. The downpipe and gauge is in transit. Once I procure the parts, I will post more.

My total cost in parts, $1,440.99 I did not pay sales tax for online purchases. I used companies that offered free shipping and had high customer service ratings. I did not want to have to worry about my package actually getting here, or worrying about returns if I need to make one. So I may have paid a dollar or two more than elsewhere.

Also, only using this truck for offroad use only.......promise.....[laugh]

SOhappy 11-09-2015 04:20 PM

Good move.

It's my understanding to really go budget you could've omitted the Sinister Diesel delete kit and only bought the DPF & 2nd cat delete pipe (easier to install). Probably would've saved you $250? I guess it's nice to get all that junk off the engine though....[whistle]

thegoat86 11-09-2015 06:45 PM

Yeah, I wanted to get the egt cooler off as I have heard of failures. Just taking another weak link out of the loop. And I know I need to clean my intake and heater grid. I will take a pic of how much soot is in there.