Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen Engine and Drivetrain-2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-engine-drivetrain-2010-up-201/)
-   -   Recalls, recalls, recalls (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-engine-drivetrain-2010-up-201/recalls-recalls-recalls-330966/)

NC Ram 09-27-2018 06:57 AM

Recalls, recalls, recalls

Bought my 2015, 2500 last October. So far, a recall every 3 months. Most recent is for the tailgate latch.

I haven't had this many recalls on all my other vehicles in the last 20 years.

I really like this truck but geez. It's hard to have confidence in what you own when it's constantly in the shop for repairs.

NC Ram 11-22-2018 05:37 PM

Just got Another recall. This time for a faulty roll over airbag deployment. Will reprogram the software to fix. I now expect to get recall letters about every 2-3 months.

NC Ram 01-29-2019 08:15 PM

Yep. Just got another. I'm just gonna save 6 months worth and get all the fixes at once.

NC Ram 04-01-2019 08:37 PM

And another. This one is for faulty steering link.

Right now I'm averaging 1 every 4 months.

torquefan 04-01-2019 09:25 PM

Wow that's pretty crazy. At this rate, your truck will be brand new in a couple more years.

NC Ram 05-16-2019 06:45 AM

Two more completed at the dealer yesterday. Steering link weld and reprogrammed the computer.

John Jones 06-02-2019 10:11 AM

I purchased a new 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins in March 2019 and have had 2 recalls thus far. The steering drag bar and the tailgate actuator malfunction. The fix from Ram for the steering issue is pure BS. Welding the nuts to the linkage adjuster - give me a break. I did do the tailgate recall. 15 minutes. This linkage thing has been going on for years. Do not understand why they don't just fix the issue on the assembly line with a part fix. Maybe it is a language barrier thing since FCA (Ram) is not an American company by ownership and manufacturing. If it were not for Cummins the Ram truck would be in a heap of trouble.

NC Ram 06-04-2019 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by John Jones
I purchased a new 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins in March 2019 and have had 2 recalls thus far. The steering drag bar and the tailgate actuator malfunction. The fix from Ram for the steering issue is pure BS. Welding the nuts to the linkage adjuster - give me a break. I did do the tailgate recall. 15 minutes. This linkage thing has been going on for years. Do not understand why they don't just fix the issue on the assembly line with a part fix. Maybe it is a language barrier thing since FCA (Ram) is not an American company by ownership and manufacturing. If it were not for Cummins the Ram truck would be in a heap of trouble.

Yeah. I'm not sure how to adjust the "adjuster" after it's welded together. Far as I know, welding is meant to be permanent. Sounds like a quick patch to mitigate law suits.

John_P 06-04-2019 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by NC Ram (Post 3353417)
Bought my 2015, 2500 last October. So far, a recall every 3 months. Most recent is for the tailgate latch.

I haven't had this many recalls on all my other vehicles in the last 20 years.

I really like this truck but geez. It's hard to have confidence in what you own when it's constantly in the shop for repairs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey NC Ram, sorry to hear of the front end issues you are having with your truck. I am in the eastern part of N.C. near Wilmington.

I have had ALOT of front end issues on ALL of the Dodge CTD Pickups I have owned and to be honest got pretty tired of dealing with it all the time. It was one of the reasons I decided to switch to a 2014 Ford Super Duty 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel in 2015. I have almost 100,000 miles on the Super Duty and NO FRONT END issues at all, so far. But I still own my 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve which has had some issues but not too bad.

Anyway, good luck with yours Sir.

-------------
John_P

CoastalDav 06-22-2019 07:28 AM

Just had the tailgate recall completed last week when doing an oil change. Since I use a V notch tailgate for towing the rig, the tech gave me the part. It was a 1/4” piece of plastic that goes someplace in the latch.

Dave

NC Ram 07-22-2019 06:05 PM

And now a check engine light with three codes. P249E, P20EE, P1C54.

NC Ram 07-24-2019 07:22 PM

I'm done. Throwing in the towel. Bad turbo actuator and catalytic converter. Fortunately this will be covered under the certified preowned warranty and emissions warranty. Otherwise the dealer said I would be out of pocket $6000.00.

I'm through with Ram. Trading ASAP.

John_P 07-25-2019 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by NC Ram (Post 3362984)
I'm done. Throwing in the towel. Bad turbo actuator and catalytic converter. Fortunately this will be covered under the certified preowned warranty and emissions warranty. Otherwise the dealer said I would be out of pocket $6000.00.

I'm through with Ram. Trading ASAP.

-------------------------------------------------------------
NC Ram, I hear what you are saying Sir. And let me add that what you have posted is why I did not go with a new Dodge Ram Diesel back in 2014 when I switched over to a 2014 Ford Super Duty 6.7 Diesel. The reasons you give coupled with the fact that at the time Dodge STILL had that ridiculous 67,000 mile EGR "cleaning procedure" to stop the build-up of soot not only in the EGR but also on the compressor side of the turbo. I had helped two of my buddies do that "cleanout" and have to say it is one nasty job! The problem is Dodge/Cummins put too small of an EGR cooler on the engines! Ford has an EGR cooler that is about twice the size of the Dodge cooler and it's design is much better to avoid the buildup of the soot. And I also don't like the design and set-up of that Holset Turbo and that troublesome actuator you mention. More or less a repeat of what I said above.

----------
John_P

Danderson 07-26-2019 03:27 PM

I've got an '07 which after the factory upgrade and now the Synergy HD still has on center vagueness. Thuren's specifications.
The 4th's with their monobeam control arms finally got it right. They went with the Aisin trans which has supplied Toyota for ages. Ford redesigned it years ago.
It would sure be nice if Dodge was bought out by a company that supports better quality control.