4th Gen Engine and Drivetrain-2010 and Up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

2010 Possibly blown motor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked my truck up from the dealer today. The work order says they replaced turbo, charge air cooler,upstream and downstream oxygen sensors,mobile desoot,oil and filter change, update ecm, and clean egr valve. I guess I should be glade everything was covered. But I don't feel like it's dependable anymore. When the warranty gets close to ending this truck will have to go.
I'd give the truck a while to prove that this was just an isolated incident before deeming it undependable. It's nice to see that the dealer seems to have done a good job in fixing all of the collateral damage from the turbo.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by preloader
I picked my truck up from the dealer today. The work order says they replaced turbo, charge air cooler,upstream and downstream oxygen sensors,mobile desoot,oil and filter change, update ecm, and clean egr valve. I guess I should be glade everything was covered. But I don't feel like it's dependable anymore. When the warranty gets close to ending this truck will have to go.
I agree with 6_Shaker -- Let the dust settle. Time will tell whether the truck will become dependable. This might become a faint memory and if you otherwise like the truck, you might focus less on this problem and more on what you like about it.

BAD ANALOGY MOMENT:

Kinda reminds me of rambunctious puppies. The most frustrating and hard-headed pups sometimes turn out to be the best pooches. Bad / goofy analogy, I know. But the meaning is there.

Maybe this pup will become a great pooch... ???
Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 AM

As crazy as this sounds, I would rather have a failure right out of the gate with a truck than to have it fail later. Early failure means the part was defective when built. It's been replaced and from here on out the truck may be great. If you continue to have failures, then that's when you need to consider getting rid of the truck. Anthony
Old 08-12-2010, 04:12 PM

Just wanted thank every body for the positive feed back.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by preloader
Blowing up a turbo isn't such a big deal. As long as nothing got into the engine, it will still last forever.

Tobin