4500 / 5500 - Chassis Cab Trucks Talk about your commercial trucks here. We realize there are differences with these compared to the regular pickups, so we have provided a place to discuss the commercial versions only.

New ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostjunkie1
.... No not yet! I will have to go by tomorrow and collect that huge $50 check..... I have sold 30+ Trucks for those guys in the last 4 years at $50 a Truck/Car ...... Just met a Dodge Dealership owner that stated he would pay me $450 a Truck and $200 a Car....... BUT, M&L Motors will sell for less and that is what I like about sending people there. If you do the work and talk them down you can always get a good deal. Glad Joe got the Truck..Not for the $50 in my pocket, but because I know he will Love it!!!

Boost
He does love it!!! It's a super truck...
Old 10-12-2009, 01:22 PM

Hey Boost,

I am so glad you are getting some $$$ for sending me to the right place to get my truck. They need to hire you fulltime!!

And Boaterman is right, I do LOVE this truck.

Joe
Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by Joezilla
Hey Boost,

I am so glad you are getting some $$$ for sending me to the right place to get my truck. They need to hire you fulltime!!

And Boaterman is right, I do LOVE this truck.

Joe
Well they have already gave me a couple offers on Employment ...... I would have took them up on the 2nd offer but I had already started working for my current employer and could not leave here right now......... I also tried to go part time with them but that would not be fair to there other Salespersons............... I will keep on doing what I do so when the time comes I can slide in the door!

** I need a couple pics of the truck working!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 PM

Will do on the pictures of the truck working. Jason has put the installation of the hitch off until Wednesday because the air bags won't be in until Tuesday late.

Joe
Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 AM

Where is Jasons shop located in Lexington? I have never heard of this guy....... ?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:23 PM

Smile

His information is listed below.

Hitch Crafters LLC
853 Cid Road
Lexington, N.C. 27292
PHONE: (336) 859-3257
FAX: (336) 859-9091

Really nice guy.

Joe
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Thanks for the information.... All these years and I never knew he was there!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:40 PM

You could pass by his shop and never know it is there. Looks are deceiving.

Joe
Old 10-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Smile First pull!

We traveled from Sherrill's Ford, NC to Charleston, SC today pulling the 39 foot (now 41 ft, with the addition of the rear bike rack) and I must say, it was a great trip. Smooth sailing. I put the cruise on 60 mph and we were there in about 5 hours. Pulled into Oak Plantation Campground for at least 3 nights, maybe more because there is a lot to see and do in this area.

There were a couple of spots on I-26 from Columbia to Charleston that had the concrete sections that reminded me of washboards, ie. bumpy roads. The EZ floater hitch handled it like a charm. The truck was great, but on the bumpy part, we could feel the bumps. On the smoother parts, the truck was absolutely wonderful ride-wise. The wife remarked that it was much smoother riding than she expected it to be.

I did find one problem that I will need to get checked out at the Dodge dealer when we get back to Texas........riding at 60 mph, it was smooth as silk; riding at 62, it got a little bumpy even on a smooth road; riding at 65, it was very bumpy. So we rode at 60, which was fine with me since that is the speed I like to tow at even when we had the Ford. I'm thinking it is a tire slightly out of balance.

No pictures yet, because it was raining much of the day.

We are traveling with Boaterman and his super wife, Judy for the next few weeks. Boaterman has a 5500 also. His is white.

Joezilla
Old 10-16-2009, 06:16 PM

wow nice truck man
Old 10-16-2009, 06:17 PM

...... SWEET..... I would say those tires you have on there could be the issue......Remember how long that thing had sat there, so you may want to have them all replaced through Warranty.....!! I will help you with that if needed.

Great to hear she did good on the Tow! Looking forward to the pictures
Old 10-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Boost,

I'd love for you to help with replacing the tires through warranty, but we've left North Carolina and will not be back that way again for probably a year. We're headed south to SC and Georgia, and then west to Texas. I'll have a Texas dealer look at it when we get there.

Thanks for the offer.

Joe
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 PM

Smile

Boost,

I'd love for you to help with replacing the tires through warranty, but we've left North Carolina and will not be back that way again for probably a year. We're headed south to SC and Georgia, and then west to Texas. I'll have a Texas dealer look at it when we get there.

Thanks for the offer.

Joe
10-4...... Alright well stay safe and enjoy the ride !!

**Dont forget the Pics
Old 10-17-2009, 11:24 AM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We traveled from Sherrill's Ford, NC to Charleston, SC today pulling the 39 foot (now 41 ft, with the addition of the rear bike rack) and I must say, it was a great trip. Smooth sailing. I put the cruise on 60 mph and we were there in about 5 hours. Pulled into Oak Plantation Campground for at least 3 nights, maybe more because there is a lot to see and do in this area.

There were a couple of spots on I-26 from Columbia to Charleston that had the concrete sections that reminded me of washboards, ie. bumpy roads. The EZ floater hitch handled it like a charm. The truck was great, but on the bumpy part, we could feel the bumps. On the smoother parts, the truck was absolutely wonderful ride-wise. The wife remarked that it was much smoother riding than she expected it to be.

I did find one problem that I will need to get checked out at the Dodge dealer when we get back to Texas........riding at 60 mph, it was smooth as silk; riding at 62, it got a little bumpy even on a smooth road; riding at 65, it was very bumpy. So we rode at 60, which was fine with me since that is the speed I like to tow at even when we had the Ford. I'm thinking it is a tire slightly out of balance.

No pictures yet, because it was raining much of the day.

We are traveling with Boaterman and his super wife, Judy for the next few weeks. Boaterman has a 5500 also. His is white.

Joezilla
Joe,

Make sure the shocks were changed out as they had a problem with them, I will bump the clunk clunk thread for you..

Steve
Old 10-23-2009, 03:00 PM

Well, the bumpy ride must have been that stretch of road. The past two days have seen me hit 67 towing and it has been smooth. We are in Mobile, Alabama for the next 6 days.

Here is a pict of the truck hooked up to the fifth wheel. Of course, the wife now says we need some red on the trailer. Yeah right, like that's going to happen.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails New ride!!-p1010280.jpg  

Quick Reply: New ride!!