Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4500 / 5500 - Chassis Cab Trucks (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4500-5500-chassis-cab-trucks-158/)
-   -   Guess the Sterling Bullet is done... (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4500-5500-chassis-cab-trucks-158/guess-sterling-bullet-done-220567/)

haulin-rv 10-18-2008 06:57 PM

Guess the Sterling Bullet is done...

Since they announced that Sterling will be no more, I guess the Bullet will go down in history as a short lived production vehicle. Unless they re-badge it as Freightliner??

Patriot_Auto 10-18-2008 07:57 PM

I seen my first one the other day on the road. Dad was wondering what it was, and I had to look twice to recall the truck. Very cool looking truck, too bad they are no more.

Colo_River_Ram 10-18-2008 10:06 PM

Well as the proud owner of one[dummy] and not having a reply to an email sent to my selling dealer as to the future of the my warranty work[verymad][verymad]

All that I can say is..At least I can buy parts from Dodge to fit the dang thing..[laugh][laugh]

bullfrog5.9 10-18-2008 10:08 PM

y are they done with it

Colo_River_Ram 10-19-2008 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by bullfrog5.9 (Post 2247640)
y are they done with it

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...9os&refer=home

haulin-rv 10-19-2008 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Colo_River_Ram (Post 2247637)
Well as the proud owner of one[dummy] and not having a reply to an email sent to my selling dealer as to the future of the my warranty work[verymad][verymad]

All that I can say is..At least I can buy parts from Dodge to fit the dang thing..[laugh][laugh]

They said they will still fully warranty and support the product, just stopping production of the Sterling brand. They claim it will save them 900 million. The big truck industry has been hit hard too, its just a matter of survival.

JTCHess 10-19-2008 10:59 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they expand the Western Star line to include the Bullet. In other articles I have read concerning this, Star is suspose to expand it's line-up to cover the various segments previously covered by Sterling. If you remember, just prior to Freightliner buying Western Star several years ago, Star partnerd with DINA out of Mexico to introduce a medium duty line-up. This lead to a law suit by DINA due to Freightliners cancelation of this agreement which was for several thousand trucks over a 5 years period, if memory serves.

John

Colo_River_Ram 10-19-2008 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by haulin-rv (Post 2247884)
They said they will still fully warranty and support the product, just stopping production of the Sterling brand. They claim it will save them 900 million. The big truck industry has been hit hard too, its just a matter of survival.

That's an interesting point how can the dealers stay open if they are not selling trucks and have parts to fix the old ones??

GasganoFJ60 10-19-2008 12:50 PM

Hard times ahead indeed.

When vehicles go for such a short production like the Sterling, makes you wonder if they'll be "collectors items" one day...

haulin-rv 10-19-2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Colo_River_Ram (Post 2248105)
That's an interesting point how can the dealers stay open if they are not selling trucks and have parts to fix the old ones??

Sterling will be supported by any Freightliner or Western Star dealer. Will they stock parts like a Sterling dealer did, not likely.

Since Diamler sold Chrysler to Celebrus, the interest in cross marketing the Ram may not be all that important anymore. If you do see it again I would be Freightliner not Star. They have already said many of the specialty Sterling trucks would be in the M class line eventually.

bullfrog5.9 10-19-2008 08:59 PM

whats the price difference between the 4500/5500 and stering truck

Dodge man 10-19-2008 10:43 PM

(Not that this go's here). We may not even be seeing Dodge anymore if this GM-Chrysler merger go's through. [director] [tapdshut] [verymad] :( [yuk] :mad: [nonono] [rant]

haulin-rv 10-20-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by bullfrog5.9 (Post 2248676)
whats the price difference between the 4500/5500 and stering truck

The grill. Its just a re-badged Dodge.

haulin-rv 10-20-2008 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge man (Post 2248811)
(Not that this go's here). We may not even be seeing Dodge anymore if this GM-Chrysler merger go's through. [director] [tapdshut] [verymad] :( [yuk] :mad: [nonono] [rant]

You've got to wonder what models would survive in the combined company, you know since they own and build the Dmax would that be the end of the Cummins??

ImpulseHydro 10-20-2008 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by haulin-rv (Post 2249026)
You've got to wonder what models would survive in the combined company, you know since they own and build the Dmax would that be the end of the Cummins??

IMO,
Ram=Gone
Cummins option=Gone.
Durango=Gone.
Charger=Gone.
Challenger=Gone.
I'm going out for Beer...:(

Doug.