3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

wind noise - doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear that the weatherstripping fits the 03. There is also a piece that seals the area between the front and rear doors. I am going to complain to the dealer about noise. I did complain before the 3/36 ran out but they did nothing because there was nothing they could do, now they can.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 AM

Im about ready to take a rubber mallet and pound the top edge of the door down
Im soooooo sick of this crap

wind noise drives me nuts

my old trucks never had wind noise

who said newer was better
Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 PM

Agades, You have the part number of the 06/07 weather stripping?

You talk about a huge gap at the top of your doors, my 03 has no gap at all and if you follow the roof line its a perfectly clean transition from the doors to roof.

Have you had or tried to have the doors re-aligned yet? It really sounds to me like your doors are mounted high and forward just a bit which will make a HUGE impact on how loud your doors are. When the body guy aligned my doors, they moved them not much more than 1/16" - 1/8" and it eliminated all the noise. The only "wind" noise I have now is the sound of the wind going over the mirrors, wipers, ect that you can hear coming from outside and thats at speeds well past 90mph.

Please don't take my reply as a flame at all, I feel your pain 110%. Mine were so bad that I would get spritzed with water if it was raining!!! I just hope you can find a resolution to the problem.

Mike.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bluedeviltorque

You talk about a huge gap at the top of your doors, my 03 has no gap at all and if you follow the roof line its a perfectly clean transition from the doors to roof.

Have you had or tried to have the doors re-aligned yet? It really sounds to me like your doors are mounted high and forward just a bit which will make a HUGE impact on how loud your doors are. When the body guy aligned my doors, they moved them not much more than 1/16" - 1/8" and it eliminated all the noise. The only "wind" noise I have now is the sound of the wind going over the mirrors, wipers, ect that you can hear coming from outside and thats at speeds well past 90mph.

Please don't take my reply as a flame at all, I feel your pain 110%. Mine were so bad that I would get spritzed with water if it was raining!!! I just hope you can find a resolution to the problem.

Mike.

I wouldn't take your reply as a flame at all. I see it as good advice, and it makes me wonder why there isn't a little more quality control at the factory level in such expensive trucks.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bluedeviltorque

Mike.
no flame taken
the only problem is
to re align my doors enough to make a difference would meant that all the body panels would also have to be moved
none of the bend lines would line up if I just drop the door down the 1/4 - 3/8" needed to make them seal up

turbo ted is right
Dodge has always sucked at quality control at the factory
makes you wonder what the guy in charge of final inspection does all day
Old 02-14-2007, 12:51 PM

oh yah
I dont have the part numbers for the moldings
I just had the parts guy at the dealer look it up on his compuker
and I looked at the pictures to make sure he ordered the right thing

its just the windshield molding for 06 trucks
Old 02-14-2007, 05:24 PM

we had a good amount of wind last night... and at 70mph, you could hear more wind zinging than normal, but not enough to bother having someone realign a door... i hear my turbo zing too... the megas are very quiet though......
Old 02-14-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Agades
oh yah
I dont have the part numbers for the moldings
I just had the parts guy at the dealer look it up on his compuker
and I looked at the pictures to make sure he ordered the right thing

its just the windshield molding for 06 trucks
Someone had a post on another thread yesterday with the parts numbers. I couldn't find it to redirect you, but I did write the #'s down for those front seals. 1-55277187AC- Left. 1-55277186AC- Right one.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTed
Someone had a post on another thread yesterday with the parts numbers. I couldn't find it to redirect you, but I did write the #'s down for those front seals. 1-55277187AC- Left. 1-55277186AC- Right one.
Here's the link - https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=136377