Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   what do you think fellas? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/what-do-you-think-fellas-93288/)

iker42 02-22-2006 06:39 PM

Heck, remove the back seats, Add a matrass, weld one door shut, and like triplenickle said, its perfect for longdistance hauls

eric13 02-22-2006 06:40 PM

I honestly think it is butt ugly but to each his own.

triplenickel 02-22-2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTed
No kidding triplenickle- I thought it was you! [laugh] (I got that muffler and tip installed. They turned out great, and the muffler sounds right. :) )

Nope I'm the original. Glad you like the muffler, I'm very happy as well. Did ABC treat you well?

Duallydog 02-22-2006 09:37 PM

It looks better than I thought it would. Seem to snow a little bit around that dealership.

Reel Native 02-23-2006 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Names_TJ
I dont like the look of the mega cabs period. too much "metal" behind the rear windows...

Spoken like a true Ford/Chevy fan [verymad] (just kidding)

PsRumors 02-23-2006 07:20 AM

I don't car much of how the cab looks but I like the truck overall. I do like the bed, the '80s style fenders and all. I wonder what the bed dimensions are. Would that bed fit my '03 short bed QC?

TurboTed 02-23-2006 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by triplenickel
Nope I'm the original. Glad you like the muffler, I'm very happy as well. Did ABC treat you well?

They're really good there. We've had some other work done there before, and they've been great. My tailpipe exit is a few inches back now, so I won't get diesel exhaust on my fender or bumper.(I put a few pictures in my gallery). Thanks again! :)

MikeyB 02-23-2006 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by PsRumors
I don't car much of how the cab looks but I like the truck overall. I do like the bed, the '80s style fenders and all. I wonder what the bed dimensions are. Would that bed fit my '03 short bed QC?

Same bed. Would be cool to make a QC SWB dually. :cool:

MikeyB

thump93yj 02-23-2006 01:21 PM

I like the fenders... Megacab would be nice, but not at the sacrifice of a longbed for me... It's the new front end i don't like... looks like the mini-van-durango too much.

seralan 02-23-2006 02:09 PM

I like it in the dually version. Something about it just looks cool. But I won't say it's worth buying.

truckjunkie 02-23-2006 02:23 PM

As I've stated before, why couldn't Dodge just swallow their pride and make a crew cab that's along the same measurements as Ford and GM? Why go a little 'too small' and a little 'too big'???

TurboTed 02-23-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by truckjunkie
As I've stated before, why couldn't Dodge just swallow their pride and make a crew cab that's along the same measurements as Ford and GM? Why go a little 'too small' and a little 'too big'???

Well stated!

Booboo 02-23-2006 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by thump93yj
I like the fenders... Megacab would be nice, but not at the sacrifice of a longbed for me... It's the new front end i don't like... looks like the mini-van-durango too much.

I agree [yuk]

bumpytruck 02-23-2006 08:36 PM

I like it but it needs a 8' bed,or some modern day wheel houses on the back. I don't mind the way it is I just think it looks like an afterthought. Theres one for sale on ebay right now, in burgandy.

philobeddo 02-24-2006 08:29 PM

I no likey......