Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   Under Hood Light (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/under-hood-light-136660/)

Dynocon 02-11-2007 04:30 PM

Under Hood Light

My truck did not come with one. I have checked several salvage yards with no luck. Where is the best place to get one?

Its All Good 02-11-2007 04:49 PM

Dealership????

ibracing_43 02-11-2007 05:18 PM

Try Dodgeparts.com... Less than $15. https://www.dodgeparts.com/index.php...ort/1a/page/14

RamWheelsBy4 02-11-2007 07:23 PM

You need the hood lamp wiring harness also. That is another $24 on the same page.

fbx22 02-11-2007 08:19 PM

yeah I cant even believe the light package is an optional package [laugh] Just curious if you dont have that light you dont have the one in the glove box either do you?

RamWheelsBy4 02-11-2007 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by fbx22 (Post 1351850)
yeah I cant even believe the light package is an optional package [laugh] Just curious if you dont have that light you dont have the one in the glove box either do you?

Seems to be correct or the cup holder/ash tray light. A particular light package option that you think would be normal on SLT. I have added the ash tray/cup holder light and ordered the under hood light.

Almond Pale Ale 02-12-2007 06:33 AM

I had an underhood light on my '99 Durango, it was pretty small and light was localized to the driver's side. I carry a $10 Maglite now and it shines where I need it :)

CD in NM 02-12-2007 01:12 PM

Well, I have the underhood light, the glovebox light, even the lighted vanity visors, but NO cupholder light. The interior 'light' package/group consists of glovebox, vanity and cupholder lights according to it's package description, so it should really have been there in my truck from the start.

These 'packages' seem to differ, must depend on what's in the parts bin on the day of mfg installation. It's like the NAV units. If you have a NAV unit WITH the 6-cd changer and the Infinity System you SHOULD also have as part of the equipment package the steering wheel controls. I have the premium package but no steering wheel controls.

The underhood light does illuminate well, or should I say better than most. I was thinking of putting an on/off switch on mine so I could turn it off when I don't need it in daylight. Also, I have a couple maglights that are much better when light is needed in a specific place. One of those strap-on head lights is good too. Probably about the same $$$ investment as the factory engine bay light/wiring harness, and more usable and versatile.

CD

05HDRAM 02-12-2007 04:09 PM

I was disappointed when I realized my SLT did not have the "light group". I also use the maglite. I had a '90 Chevy that had the light on a 10 or so foot cord. Had a magnet on it too.

Dynocon 02-13-2007 07:22 PM

I do have the glove box light, not sure why?

I do carry a mini-mag, $15 for the light then $25 for the wiring sounds a little more that I am willing to spend for something I hope I never use.

I will keep checking the salvage yards.

Jeff in TD 02-13-2007 08:01 PM

Though it should be standard equipment, at least now it is an option...

When I got my early 03 Laramie it didn't come with one, and it was not an option.

I eventually got one and the wiring harness from the dealer, but my wiring harness doesn't have the connector for it... so the other end got an inline fuse...

SRTchris 02-13-2007 08:37 PM

anyone know how to change the bulb in the underhood light?? feels like i'm gonna break it when i try to pull the clear lens off.

Tony T. 02-13-2007 09:20 PM

I use to have a 12v trouble light I carried with me all the time,it lit up the under hood area real good and you could move it around were ever you needed it, 12ft cord with alligator clamps, I had it tucked in one of the inside fender well covey holes on a Blazer I had. I went looking for it one day and could not find it anywhere, then it dawned on me it was still tucked in that inside fender well under the hood when I sold the Blazer.[duhhh]

Tony

fbx22 02-13-2007 11:02 PM

I carry an LED mini flashlight that works better than any little hood light could

RocketJohn 02-14-2007 05:27 PM

i'd like to get the ashtray/console light... online link?