3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Tow mirrors, got em and the passenger one sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree 100%

I have drove with trailers for 18 years and never had such a small field of view as these mirrors. RAM really messed up on this design for people who use trucks for backing up trailers. I partially agree, you can get used to them for normal driving, but try to back up with or without a trailer and get ready to move and adjust the mirros the entire time, then again once you are in the road so you can figure out where to place them. I have been looking for many custom companies to make one that is convex or parabolic in both directions like the blind spot (outside / bottom). Please let me know if anyone finds a solution to a horrible design.

Originally Posted by Sevir
When i bought my truck it came with a tow pkg and all, but just the regular mirrors. I didnt mind at first but i hated not being able to see my blind spot on my pass side and not being able to see my rear wheels when i am pulling into a parking spot and looking at the white lines in respect to my rear wheels. My fix was to buy some concave mirrors that stick onto the mirrors, these worked just fine, but after about 3 months they would get water in them (condensation most likely) and start to corrode the mirror. I have tried about 4 differant types, all the cheap $1.99 plastic ones because i could not find any real glass ones. Well i got fed up and bought some tow mirrors on Ebay. The mirrors i got where mopar ones matching the stock number for my truck. Why does the passenger mirror not have the "objects in mirror are closer then they appear" the pass mirror is exactly like the driver one. There is no wide angle portion to it and the large part of it is completely usless. The concave portion of it is the only part i can use on the passanger side. I still have to look over my shoulder to change lanes, I got these mirrors so i would not have to do this, Why did dodge put a regular mirror on the passenger side and not a wide angle one like on every other vehicle in the world????
Old 04-17-2019, 02:00 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Have you checked out the variety of mirrors available at 1A auto?