Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   seat belt alarm (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/seat-belt-alarm-140786/)

mrsr03 03-08-2007 10:43 PM

seat belt alarm

Does Anyone Know How To Shut The Seat Belt Alarm Off In A 06 Ram?

steelblitzkrieg 03-08-2007 10:44 PM

Buckle your seatbelt?

Sorry couldn't resist...no

mrsr03 03-08-2007 10:46 PM

Thanks, Its Annoying When Loading Up Hay In The Field.

boarbuster 03-08-2007 10:48 PM

Put a connector between the two wires going to the latch assembly under the seat. This little mod will also disable the reverse alarm too.

Kurt

bucknasty 03-08-2007 10:58 PM

Look in the owners manual. It has a process to disable it.

LanceK 03-09-2007 10:17 AM

If mine is going off and then I stop the truck it seems to stay off until I start driving again.

I actually thought this was a reasonable/safe solution for someone who needs to get in and out of the truck all the time.

Basically only chimes when you are actually driving.

That being said I am very strict about wearing my seatbelt so I wouldn't mind turning it off completely because I always wear mine anyway.

Texasimport 03-09-2007 10:40 AM

Do a search here on DTR. . .there is a way to program the computer to not beep at you. . .I did it on mine but have misplaced the procedure.

It went something like turn the key to on with the belt in then plug and un plug belt three times and turn off the key. It will chime once then your good to go on next cycle.

HayHauler1 03-09-2007 11:00 AM

I found this doing a search for "seat belt"... HTH.

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The system can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

Hay :cool:

D.Wiggs 03-09-2007 11:16 AM

I did it last week. It is SUPER EASY!! I am so glad to be able to maneuver around places without having to hear "ding ding ding" every 5 seconds!!![verymad]

Truckman0097 03-09-2007 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by HayHauler1 (Post 1398999)

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Wonder if that works the same for an 07? I will be checking after work today.

Rockram 03-09-2007 01:18 PM

The seat belt disarm is on page 45 of an 06 manual. did you also know that your 06 Dodge comes from the factory with a black box. Like that of an aircraft. It records all the time, and in the case of an accident the authorities can access the box and see if you were driving too fast for conditions.

jpkidd 03-10-2007 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by HayHauler1 (Post 1398999)

Dose this also turn off the reverse alarm that sounds if you are in reverse and the drivers door is open?

06RAMCTD 03-10-2007 05:17 PM

Nope, there is no programming that will disable the darn reverse, door open, horn honk feature.

There are ways around it though:
1 - Keep the seat belt snapped in
2 - Jumper across the seat belt wiring
3 - Install a relay that is enabled when the vehicle is in reverse and a door is open to lock out the horn circuit

All are easy to do and accomplish the same end result. The relay is automatic and requires no thought once it's installed.

AlK 03-10-2007 09:10 PM

This is my fix, for that annoying horn when you back-up with the door open.
I know I am cheap, but it works.[laugh]

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...K/DSCN2985.jpg