Radio cut out on start-up - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Radio cut out on start-up

Old 02-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #1  

Radio cut out on start-up

Weird one here. When turning the key to run, the dash lamps cycle and the radio play normally. But once I start the truck, the radio is dead. Is has back lights, but no other power. No display, no audio. Itís dead. Doesnít happen every time I start it. Happens most during cold temps when the grid heater cycles. Wondering if I have a weak battery?

Any jdeas?
Herrin811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #2  
FMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrin811 View Post
When turning the key to run, the dash lamps cycle and the radio play normally. But once I start the truck, the radio is dead.
After over 600 posts, you really don't have to say what vehicle you have for this one. The probable cause for your radio issue is your ignition switch. Not difficult to swap out.
3*F this morning in Kenai (just visiting), so back to more morning brew . . .
FMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #3  

I have the rb4 radio in my 05 sometimes it wont turn on, wont display the time, when I hit the up arrow the channel goes down, only when cold. Ive read that it is low power to the radio, it all clears up once the truck warms up
mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote