3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My Rig is now safe.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Rig is now safe.....

Well last night was the best sleep I've had in years, all due to the fact I now know my rig is safe and where I left it..
Chris installed my Ravelco yesterday in record time 1 hr. I really believe in Chris and his product being the best in the industry, if you or anyone else you know needs anything for you vehicle make your first call to High Desert Ravelco. For more information on Ravelco products click on the link below..

www.highdesertravelco.com
Old 12-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
make me out to look like a record breaker! I did not tell you I spent 45 minutes just preping the system before you even showed up ! LOL

Thanks Grizz

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Grizz-you beat me to it, I have been meaning to say the same thing. Chris came by this past weekend and did my system also, and I can't tell you how much it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders since I don't have to worry about the truck anymore. Chris also hooked me up with plenty of info as well as some stuff for my truck-he really went the extra mile. It may have taken him a little longer to do mine, but that is mostly my fault-talking his ear off and checking out his truck. By the way, did you hear his air horns?Too cool! Thanks from another satisfied customer Chris, and I will be going thru him for my smarty and other performance products when I get the tranny beefed up a little!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:10 AM

It is really nice to have that extra piece of mind!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:49 AM

As far as I am concerned this is the best mod you can do, and it probably should be the first one on the list ahead of gauges. Chris installed my Ravelco in February this year. My truck may have been the first one he did after doing his own. It always puts a smile on my face when I pull the plug and lock the doors when heading into a mall. I live out in the country, but still pull the plug in my own pair of cowpaths.

CD
Old 12-22-2007, 02:23 PM

There's always a wrecker.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Guardrail
There's always a wrecker.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
lol, someone always has to chime in with this one! :-P

Like Ive said a few times before, while it does happen, theft via a tow truck or some variant of a truck with a tow/dolly setup, accounts for 2% of thefts nationally per year.

That leaves it accounting for somewhere around 24,000 auto thefts a year. Obviously, that is still a lot. But it is a mere fraction of the total thefts.

Carjacking accounts for 3%, so you have a better chance of your truck being stolen while you are inside, than you do having it towed by thieves.

Just thought I'd make you guys feel safe.
:-P
lol

I know this is OT, but I was actually thinking about this earlier, and I think something as simple as dark window tint would greatly reduce your chances of being carjacked, as I don't think anyone wants to approach a vehicle they can't see in.

Anyways, pull your plug, and turn your wheels. Doing so, you can be pretty **** certain your truck will still be right where you left it.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 AM

Guardrail - You ARE right, there is always the wrecker, but as ThiefTech points out even then there are ways to deter the liklihood of your truck being stolen. Most thieves look for the EASY prey, a vehicle that CAN be GONE in 60 seconds. When the clock is ticking, a longer effort makes them give up.

The guy with the wecker probably already knows you have security that is beyond their simple means of theft, and has also probably been watching you and getting to know your habits so a wrecker can be used. I don't think thieves with planning like that could be defeated by any means. They want your specific vehicle and plan to steal it.

If my truck gets stolen after pulling the plug, turning the wheel, setting the brake, and the factry alarm blaring away, then I guess it's time for the insurance claim-and having replacement value insurance will get me another nice truck.

CD
Old 12-23-2007, 09:53 AM

That's a very good point...
But...
I'd also like to point out that anyone that has the resources and planning and manpower to use something like a wrecker (it isn't cheap to get your hands on something like that, and your run of the mill thief just wants some quick cash, so they don't have the money to spend on a tow rig), will be somewhat organized.

They would have experience, and it would allow them to spot easy targets, and vehicles they know they can load quickly. The last thing a thief wants to do is sit there in your driveway trying to load your vehicle onto a tow dolly.

They want to be in and out quick.

They will also likely have enough experience to know that there are easier vehicles out there, and they can easily find one that will be much easier to grab.

On top of that, chances are that anyone towing your vehicle will be doing it for resale/export/etc., not for parts or your stereo equipment and wheels.

They won't want a damaged vehicle, and simple things like your wheels being turned will help just because they will see that they will have a harder time getting the vehicle loaded and getting out of there, and they risk more damage in doing so.

If you REALLY want to go all out... Give this one a shot...
Next time you go somewhere (movies, mall, restaurant, etc), scour the parking lot for a vehicle just like yours, or very similar. Park next to it, turn your wheels, pull the plug, set the brake, and lock the doors.

If a thief happens to come strolling by, the other vehicle will likely be the one missing, and not yours.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:29 PM

If I'm in a strange place, I usually pull my start relay under the hood. Easy to do and only takes 2 minutes.