3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One thing you dislike about Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like things could be a little bit tighter, sometimes my truck will start making odd noises and can never seem to figure them our. The front end could be a bit stronger. I already have half a dozen dents, the a/c rec. door is broke. And since I lifted it there is a shimmy at highway speeds that drives me nuts (cant figure is out). As soon as I get this truck feeling right IT GONE I should have never sold my 2002 dmax 135000 on her and never a single problem. Still drove straight, road like a cadi, and had plenty of power Sorry I miss my old truck
Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 AM

There service department is my number one complaint and the way the company stands behind you after the sale . I remember the old days when I had a break down I got a loner , my truck was clean and some times dropped off at my house when fixed full of fuel fixed right . Now you pay for the tow over so many miles witch it always is in my case , you argue over what is covered , most of the time it is not fixed , no loaner , no fuel , no wash even if the problem caused the mess .
Old 09-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by stock03
The thin rear bumper. I have a ding on mine from barely tapping a trailer. The bumpers on my old Scout are thicker and stronger.

Yep I'm on my 2nd one, careful not to look at it wrong or it may get a kink. Mine did!!!!!!!!!

POOR (should have been recalled) FUEL PUMPS

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE (dealership wise) I will be going back to my original dealer next time. I have been to 4 different dealerships all owned by different owners.

Next time give me a DMAX with a CUMMINS Like I originally wanted.

SAD I KNOW BUT OH SOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 09-26-2007, 06:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 06Cummins
A/C issues, Rear power sliding window rattles (second one in there), poor customer service, stock infinity radio is nothing to brag about, and i wish the auto was something more than a 4 speed...
That's why I got the one-piece rear window in my truck. The sliding rear leaks on 2nd gens are a known issue, and how often will I EVER open the rear window on a quad cab truck?

Saved me $175, too
Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 PM

i opened mine all the time to get to the beer in the cooler in the bed (only when on the farm and in the hills)
Old 09-27-2007, 09:36 PM

Paint chips pretty easy, not enough side-to-side movement on A/C vents, oil filter location is difficult, cup holder designed for people who don't actually use cups.

Plus side so far is MPG, with 6k I just did a 70 MPH run to Pensacola and back, empty both ways. 21.9 AVG on computer. Yeah, I Know they suck but the truck is stock and even subtracting twenty percent I am pleased.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM

HORRID customer service & shop"service" is the pits.
Seats in the 2006 are horrid! Hurts my hip bones
G56 OD ratio is to low
No lock out hubs.
No switch to shut off ABS for off road.
Horrid Wheel hop in snow.
TracRite GT is useless on ice.
DMF
unit Bearing hub
Weak front springs
Death wobble

I have fixed everything besides the weak springs, Wheel hop, Seats, ABS disconnect, and DW.. Dealer work.. I still can't find one worth a hill of beans.

MPG gains of 4 MPG after OD and hubs.

If the folks over the pond come out with a nice 1/2 ton diesel good bye Dodge.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:17 PM

Unless they have changed some things under the filter making it less accessible than my 03 is I don't see at all how it can at all be called difficult, unless you have hands the size of Paul Bunyan's. If you want difficult, how about my mom's 99 Malibu, which is by far the hardest one I've ever had to change....why these automakers make frequently changed items hard to reach on some cars/engines makes me wonder how much brain they actually use in designing them.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by JohnInNH
Horrid Wheel hop in snow.
Yeah, absolutely terrible on the front end when I was playing in the snow last winter. My Ford never did that.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 AM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NO Locking hubs

03 doesnt have as much weather stripping as some later models so wind noise is much higher

The sheetmetal is thinner all around so truck dents much eaiser

Limited slip is garbage

AC freezes up

Other than that the truck is fantastic
Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by RollOver Pete
Death Wobble!
X2 Even with all new ball joints, hubs and u-joints and tires I still cringe going over large bumps hoping I don't get DW
Old 09-28-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm gonna have to jump on too. The paint sucks I wash and wax it every friday night and it looks like crap and chips easy, the drivers seat bottom cushon was shot at 70,000 miles and one of the springs broke in it the other night 94,000 miles now so i'm pretty much sitting on the seat frame, and the cab squeeks bad when driving on anything other that smooth pavement. My uncles '01 F-250 Powerstroke has over 100,000 miles and has no squeeks or rattles the paint still looks new and the seats still feel like new
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Another thing i noticed last night when I was cleaning my truck was that everthing inside is plastic, except for the fold flat rear floor, which SHOULD have been plastic. Instead they put the hardest possible stuff to clean on it. Try to get grass or sand out of the velcro like cloth on there. Somebody at Dodge has a sick sense of humor.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can only list one?
1. seats suck
2. with the noise the A/C makes there should be a jet engine under the truck
3. Everythign just feels and looks cheap cheap. I was in a buddy's new toyota and man the inside of that thing is nice. Makes the inside a dodge look like trash.
4. The sheet metal is paper thin. I leaned against my pick the other day and actualy put a dent in it. From leaning against it.
5. Did I mention the seats suck
6. The paint is thin. I've already got a tone of rock chips. You can look at the rock chips on my old pickup and the ones on the 06 and the paint is almost twice as thick on the 01.
7. The dealer in my home town is run by retards. I swear the short bus drops them off for work every day. And they are a 5 star dealer. Took them from 8am until after 530pm to change a lift pump on an 01. Takes me 30 min. I asked if they'd like me to come in one day and train there techs.
8. I could go on, but why.
Sorry about the rant, but owning this 06 has made me a little sour.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:33 AM

holy ****! after reading this thread i'm wondering if i made the right choice?!

Quick Reply: One thing you dislike about Dodge