3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One thing you dislike about Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Don't forget to post in the
"One reason you would buy another Dodge" thread.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=170076

Thx Pav
Old 09-22-2007, 07:07 AM

I got lucky on the chiping paint I guess,used @65,000 miles and was 2 that needed filled,other then that a few scraches but they buff out.

Pav
Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
really wish they had a king ranch or Harley Davidson type interior trim. the fake wood accents are the worst in the world i have ever seem. the seats show every stain, my 06 seats look as bad as the 96 we have. i am pulling that crap out and putting in katzkins leather in next and painting the plastic wood inserts. other than that, the truck is very truck oriented
Old 09-23-2007, 12:21 AM

Just bought a used 07 Mega Cab today with 11k on it. I liked my dealer selling me a 6 month old truck for what 06 GMC's go for with way more miles on them. The interior is plain which I like, but throw in a few things like steering wheel controls and auto headlights, I mean the 2001 Duramax I just sold had auto lights and it was 6 years older. The Laramie package is laughable, I mean what is the point? I am sure I will find some more things as I drive it more, but I think it will be better than my Chevy.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm crashing the 3rd Gen forum for this one.

My 2nd Gen truck has frustrated me with many of the same quirks that you 3rd Genners complain of-- but I have to say that I think it's better overall.

The paint on my truck isn't as bad as the 3rd Gen trucks, and the sheetmetal is thin, but seemingly a little thicker than newer trucks.

My ball joints have technically been shot for two years, but they don't seem that bad to me-- the truck doesn't wander or anything.

The only major problems I've had with my truck have been Cummins-related: I've lost a VP44 (at 40K) and an ECM (at 50K). I lost the backup switch (on the trans, which turns on the backup lights) early at like 18K, but that was minor.

For the record, every problem with my truck was covered under warranty with great service from my local Dodge dealer.

Honestly, I find it digusting that the manufacturers continue to make vehicles of cheaper and cheaper quality with less substance each year.

Then again, they make them worse AND more expensive, and we STILL buy all that they can make every year.

So who's REALLY at fault???

Hmm.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:31 AM

Just like I said, we get what we paid for.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:28 AM

My only 2 complaints are the AC system that freezes up unless you run it on recirc, and the weak OEM lift pump.

Other than that, my truck has been great. Not one squeak or rattle, never even been back to a dealer since I bought it at 14k miles. I keep getting the "Safety Recall" for the horn honking in reverse - but no thanks!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 AM

The general interior of the vehicle lacks a little....plus the seats absolutly suck in the 06. Everything else I like.....
Old 09-24-2007, 07:19 PM

Interior... I hate to see Dodge going bad but it is happening
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM

That for 20 years the ratio and amount of speeds in the automatic stayed the same when other manufacturers were putting 5 and 6 speeds in their trucks and that does tend to hurt the Dodge, even though the fruits of all there labor, the 48re, is a pretty stout transmission in stock form.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:34 PM

okay not trying to start any fights here but if you guys want the interior and ride of a Cadi, then buy a Cadi. IT'S A TRUCK. Now i got to admit the sheetmetal could be a little thicker, but it's the same as all the other vehicles on the road, so it's going to flow with the crowd. The paint bites but so does all other vehicles. Seriously i saw a brand new 08 Super Duty this morning and the paint is already pealing on the drivers rear 1/4 panel. I wish i had a camera to take a pic. Which i also admit the AC stinks, but like i said its a truck. You drive a truck to pull trailers and haul things not cruise Rodeo drive and get Valet parking. I've had my cummins now for over 2 years without a single problem including being a vp44 truck and love everything about it. I never run the AC, so who cares, it's a truck it's not supposed to ride like a car. Which i understand buying it for the cummins, but if you don't like anything else about it, why did you buy it? I just wish you guys would be happy with what you got because i would kill to have half of your guys trucks, so don't complain.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate how easily the seats stain on my 06. Other then that I love everything about it. It pulls hard all day long, good on fuel, rattle free, just a pleasure to drive
Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 PM

A/C issues, Rear power sliding window rattles (second one in there), poor customer service, stock infinity radio is nothing to brag about, and i wish the auto was something more than a 4 speed...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 PM

Things I don't like about my dodge....

Hmmm let's see.....

The Cummins engine. It's horrible.

Just kidding. haha

The interior is the only thing I don't like. But it's not even that bad.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:09 PM

1.Squeeky and ruff feeling clutch slave cylinder when its hot outside.
2. No locking hubs.

Quick Reply: One thing you dislike about Dodge