3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One thing you dislike about Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only part I dont like is the part that surrounds the motor!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:41 PM
HOV

A/C has to be my biggest complaint. Not only does it not cool down well on hot days, but 4 speeds for the fan are about 5 speeds too little. Even my old Honda Civic had like 7 speeds. You'd figure with the stack as huge as it is, A/C would be easy to get cool.

As for all the complaints about sheet metal... what the heck are you guys talking about? As far as I know, all manufacturers use the same gauge sheet metal, and this isn't 1975 any more. Things got thinner in the 80's and stayed that way.

Also, if it were any thicker the truck would weigh many hundreds of pounds more... which would probably put our trucks close to 9,000# unloaded, which would not only suck for trying to haul anything, but for fuel mileage as well.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Yeah, see that's what i'm talking about.. The speeds on the A/C fan... It would be great if they had a few more speeds for fine tuning. I just have to screw with the blending to get the fan blowing on me right

And I agree on the sheetmetal too. Although i do cringe when someone jumps out of the bed of my truck... One slip would equal a huge dent
Old 09-20-2007, 03:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
1. Ball joints are junk-on going problem for years. They need to last at least as long as the tires do!
2. Power steering gear box also seems to be a problem child.
3. Paint scratches easily, should be thicker. Sheetmetal too.
4. Apply the lifetime powertrain warranty to the diesel trucks, or at least bring back the 7/70. The warranty should last at least as long as the payments do. Funny, if I buy a new one now I get a three year pt warranty. If I keep mine instead, I still have a three year pt warranty.

Other than that, I really love my truck- especially considering what I paid for it at the time it was new ($29k) vs. the other brands. I have 50k+ miles with no sqeaks or rattles and everything else seems to be holding up pretty good. And hey...at least you don't have to pull the cab to work on the engine (Furd) and all my buddies don't ask me "is that a 4wd or 2wd?". (Chebby)
Old 09-20-2007, 03:07 PM

Lots of good things but my gripe list includes:

Weak AC, lack of volume.

G56 gear/axle ratio.

The H2/315 wheel/tire size should be an option with Speedo cal.

Suspension... ah well it is a truck, but I think it could be better tuned, especially more hop resistant.

Seat stains with simply splashing water on them.

Thin metal

Front brake dust.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:14 PM

sorry couldnt just narrow it down to one thing......

first and for most is the way dodge seems to handle there customer service. other than that the seats suck, front ends suck, u-joints suck, a/c sucks, paint sucks, etc...

THE ONLY REASON I bought a dodge was for the Cummins. Other than that I would still be ridin' a chevy!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 PM

I hate the rear slider, it squeaks all dang day long. The rest of the truck is rattle free I think, who can hear anything over the rear slider squeaking.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Muted User

I don't think a GM is any better. This is a list of problems with my GMC3500 before 60K miles. Rear axle bearings ground up,rear wheel cylinders leaked,transfer case leaked on cold days,transmission 4l80e blew out reverse while towing my 5er,intake manifold gaskets needed replacing every 30K miles, and what was GM thinking using twistlock heater hoses, they leaked too,also blew the hydroboost brake booster at 70K. And really, the paint and metal seems about the same as the Dodge, don't kid yourselves thinking the others don't cut corners, my Dodge has 31K on it with no problems, it's going to have to fall apart pretty soon to be like my GMC was.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 PM

Auto hubs, and weak front end parts, Why cant they build things tough like the first gens.

Nick
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by RSOPNCO1
Quad cab not big enuff. mega cab too big. A/C not that great car seats weren't thought about that much during the design, seats are worth a Edited by Admin. Big blind spots where the pillars are not that way on fodror chevy. Front is laid back too much. Hat sometimes hits the roof. i will not buy another one, I don't think. Seat mods and other are good, but when your truck stickers for well over $40k you should not have to do anything too it.
Originally Posted by jwb600
my interior already rattles. the factory radio is a joke. paint gets rocks chips way too easy. interior stains very easily and I make ppl wash their hands for they ride with me.
Originally Posted by stock03
The thin rear bumper. I have a ding on mine from barely tapping a trailer. The bumpers on my old Scout are thicker and stronger.
For mine I have all kinds of little gripes. U-joints. Rides rougher than my 99 Ford. My tiny alarm clock has a 2" speaker that sounds better than all the factory speakers combined, and one has already blown - which really tells how poor they are considering the factory radio can't get nowhere near loud enough to hurt my ears like my Ford could've. The power windows are so slow I have to start rolling them back up halfway to my destination. The sun visors don't hug the windshield when folded forward, but I think they fixed that on the newer trucks. The A-pillar is pretty wide and I have had some near hits several times. Body doesn't seem too bad, but it still seems a little thinner than it shoud be. Paint is ok, but could be a lot better. Mine is all chipped up along the bottom. The rear bumper could be thicker to prevent bumps/dings that stick out from the tires kicking rocks into the inside of it. The "quad" cab should be called "good for kids and tools" cab. The Megacab should be called "we should have just done a real crew similar to Ford and GM's to begin with cab." I agree, Dodge has some work to do with their trucks. The Fords I believe are the best overall truck. If I could get a Ford in a Cummins without building my own or buying someone else's Fummins I wouldn't have a Dodge....and quite honestly not near as many others would either IMO.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:07 PM

if i could have my equivelent truck in a ford with the motor and tranny i would be happy

so far i have been happy with my dodge....ive always been a ford man, though i hope this goat will last 300k ...shes already payed for so thats a plus
Old 09-21-2007, 07:11 PM

The paint is just plain pathetic.

Interior is sad, the only leather is just on the seating surfaces on the 2 front seats. The rest is genuine vinyl. Dodge must just laugh everytime someone buys the Laramie interior.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rollin' Smoke
sorry couldnt just narrow it down to one thing......

THE ONLY REASON I bought a dodge was for the Cummins. Other than that I would still be ridin' a chevy!
X2 ON THAT BROTHER
Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Banned

Death Wobble!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:35 AM

Paint, Seats Stain From Even Spilling Water On Them, Paint Chips/Scratches WAY Too Easily (I Put My 2000 Ford Through Just About Anything I Could Find For 6 Years And Never Had Scratches Or Chips And My Dodge Has Never Seen Mud @ All And I've Got Atleast 10 Big Chips In The Paint After 8 Months Of Regular On Road Use), A/C, Room In The Back...I Should Have Read This Post Before I Purchased lol...Nah I Love The Truck Other Than That...

Quick Reply: One thing you dislike about Dodge