3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One thing you dislike about Dodge

Old 09-20-2007, 07:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My guess is poor paint, but the Lt. Almond seems to hide the scratches well. Next is thin sheetmetal, but GM and Toyota's are thin too. About par for the industry.

MikeyB
Old 09-20-2007, 07:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seats, both comfort and stain repelant (Chevy has the best by far IMO)

Paint quality my 06 has fish eyes from the factory, I would never pay for that poor of quality from a body shop.

How thin all the metal is for the body.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thin rear bumper. I have a ding on mine from barely tapping a trailer. The bumpers on my old Scout are thicker and stronger.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:25 AM

Very cheap interior for the price tag. Even on the laramie pack imo.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 AM

Quality and warranty management. Seats, A/C, sheet metal, articulating parts in the front end, trailer wiring, trailer hitch, cheap interior and design is not suited for ergonomics. When you pay what we pay there should not be all the stupid little issues.

CD
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Sheet metal and paint are my biggest problems... I think I get dents from the wind sometimes.... aside from that - I don't mind the interior, it was what I wanted... but the radio does kind of suck (my fault for getting the cheapest one) - Dodge really needs to put in a factory brake controller as well.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Quad cab too small and the Mega is too big for me. That is probably the biggest for me. Tranny is up there as well. Otherwise I like the simpler interior and the styling. I can't stand the new Duramax and I think the fords look great, have a nice interior but I think you have to be smoking crack to buy a powerstroke.
When I was shopping my wife wanted me to buy a Harley Edtion Powerstroke. I told her not a chance.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:31 AM

My only complaint up to the point is the seats are a tad bit uncomfortable on a long trip and other than the infamous recirc door problem, mine has been trouble free... BUT, my biggest complaint right now is they don't make a 4500 with a factory bed (like the F450). I want some extra carrying/hauling capacity than I can get out of a 3500 but don't really want to go to an aftermarket hauler bed...
Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Pav1973
Red,
Expand on that one please.

Pav
Balljoints instead of Knuckles. Poor radio quality. Had to upgrade to a laramie to get anything that resembles what a seat should be.... I mean how much extra does foam and scotchgard cost?

There are also some areas where they could throw some pleather like stuff around the instrument shade and door panels that would make it feel less like a hyundia.

I also had a heat shield just come loose the other day , for no reason... Speaks toward lack of quality control. 13K miles 5 months old.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they don't think of little things like Toyota or GM would... Overall though the truck is nice, love the 6cyl and solid front axle. If it had a six speed and some nicer interior appointments and radio it would be perfect.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 AM

I know for a fact that I will not buy another Dodge again when its time to get a new truck. IMHO, the motor is awesome but the rest of the truck is flat out terrible. My dash rattles, the stock radio broke a week after I got the truck, the interior stains so easy, the seats are stained and the material is poor quality. I think the Quad Cab is perfect for me, but I could see if I had a family where it would be a pain. Parts also seem to just fall off the truck. In the past year, I have put over $5000 into repairs such as front end, fuel system, and an injector(which was warrantied, but I still had to pay for a rental car for a week) I

know that these problems are common on these trucks, but I didn't buy a 3/4 ton heavy duty truck for it to be down for 5 weeks this year. I sold my 1/2 ton to buy this truck because I knew I was going to use it for work, i.e. plowing, landscaping, towing my 5k boat, hauling stones, etc..... I am by no means hard on the truck, I take care of it very well. Always keep it clean, keep on the maintenance, and I don't hot-rod it off every stop or from every light because I don't want it to be in the shop. There are a few guys I know personally with all stock trucks that have had the same problems as me, some of them worse.

I wasn't going to buy the Dodge, but there was a big price difference in the truck I got compared to a similarly equipped F350 (about $12k) So, I guess I got what I paid for.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM

Very true, you get what you pay for. That's why I don't complain much. Other than the fact that they can put some more thought into some things that wouldn't cost much.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 AM

I think the American truck market is in trouble.

Over the next couple days I am going to post about the same thing at a Ford and Chevy site to see what the hate about there trucks and compair all three,should be intresting,I can post what I find.

Hey I'm retired,I get bored

Keep them coming.

PAv
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interior ie seats and width of cab
Paint
Old 09-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Wish the air conditioner worked alot better.
Not a big fan of the fake wood grain look
Stereo could be better
Old 09-20-2007, 01:24 PM

the only thing i HATE is the seats. if you really think chevy or ford are better dont kid your self. at least with dodge you get a great motor!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One thing you dislike about Dodge