3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

No deal for Buzz

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No deal for Buzz

Fellas,<br>I did my best to make a deal at my Dodge ******* today but they weren't even half way reasonable. I know they are in business to make money and I can respect that. I won't give you all the gory details, but in a nut shell, I offered them sticker price plus some cash. They tried to squeeze $5,000.00 more out of me! The worst thing is; I bought my trade-in from them last year and they made a killing then too. You'd think they'd have a little consideration and not hammer me twice. Shame on me for the first time...I won't let it happen again.<br><br>Boys, I may have to pull up stakes and head to the Ford camp. I was at the Ford dealer two weeks ago and they made a much better offer than the one I got today. That seems to be my best option at this point.<br>It's that or keep my gasser for a couple more years and get it paid down. At least the Ford dealer is willing to give me a kiss after they give me the you-know-what! Dodge wanted to take the money off the nightstand and sneak out while I was sleeping!<br><br>Oh well, I gave it my best shot. Take care, all. Buzz<br><br><br>
Old 11-18-2002, 05:25 AM

Re:No deal for Buzz

Hang in there, Buzz. ;D

Just my .02 - One dealer is not a done deal.

When I was checking out the new HD's in late August, I checked out 9 dealers in the region and offered them all invoice. The best &quot;bite&quot; I got at the time was invoice+$500. By the time I ordered the truck the first week of Sept., the dealer was ready to go for invoice. Out of all the 9 dealers, it was merely coincidence the best deal was in my own town (West Valley Dodge).

Sounds like you're &quot;upside down&quot; in your old truck. If so, and you do owe more money than it's worth, try to sell it on a commission lot or by owner. Doing that may take awhile, but it will put you in a position to only deal with Dodge on the new truck, not the old one too.

With the way the economy is going, I think there's a good chance you'll see 0% interest rates on Dodge HD's by Spring. If so, maybe that'll help take some of the sting out it for you.

;D Heck, if you do get the Ford - I say good for you. I had a PSD EX (2000 XLT) and it was a good truck. The new 6.0 PSD engine they're building on the line now should do well. ;D

Best to y'all
Bill
Old 11-18-2002, 06:13 AM

Yea buzz we had to go into like 9+ diff dealers to make a deal
all the ones here in FL. was like sticker + I was I am not buying a house wow what a payment them guys toss out at you

We got our best deal with our own finance &amp; sold my wifes 98 out right it only had like 48,000 miles on it so it sold in like 6 days to a guy here in town.

Just try diff dealers or maybe buy out of town and have it shiped to you

Ron.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok not coming from the land of to much money why would anybody offer these pirates more than the MRSP. Who needs a truck so bad that one cannot see that down the road there will be as stated before 0% financing and discounts. DC counts on impatient buyers to put out $2500-3500 over in dealer invoice + finance fees $4000-7000 just so you can have one. I read the other thread on this and I am sorry boys 03's are really nice and have much needed improvements but I cant see forking over $6500+ and then some just to lose 15% 50 feet off the DC lot. The only reason we have an 01 is the 91 had 412k and the 98 Chev had 125k and I commute 500 miles each way to work every 2 weeks and the gasser was costing $280 CDN in gas each weekend. I went and drove an 03 Quad SB 4x4 W3500 SW and your right its nice but what am I going to do with $50k worth of truck I cant mount my hitch in or put my deck on. Dealers answer was we're working on it, should have some answers before Xmas. As far as going to Ford, last week the company had 3 of them at the dealer with pancaked PSD's all with less than 20k on them and 2 more F450's with trannies out 1-6spd and 1 auto. Watch your pennies close because once you have done the deed it is very hard to get what you paid out of these things unless like some of us it is a corporate write off, takes the sting out of poor judgement. PK
Old 11-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Buzz,<br><br>Come on, man. Not MSRP plus more. You gotta be kidding. <br><br>Invoice minus $1000 (present package).<br><br>FiverBob
Old 11-18-2002, 06:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Agreed Buzz hang in there!, When I bought my truck I called my local dealer 3 times and could not get him to deal at all with me. I even went in and sat down with him, he merely told me I could not get what I wanted anywhere. I drove 3 hours to save just under 6,000 dollars.<br> I would rather have kept my money home in my area but this guy had the notion he was it!. I went back and showed him the order receipt and he merely threw it across the desk at me with a grunt.<br> I wanted him to make money on the deal, he has too to remain in business. I just did not want him to make it ALL off the one sale.<br> There are good dealers out there keep looking you will find one.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:06 PM

Buzz, Buzz<br><br>Come on man, get a grip! MSRP does not even come into play here. It is invoice only, the invoice with the official Dodge on it, not a dealer invoice and the sticker in the window? Nice to start a fire with <br><br>One problem I see, is this, you are trying to trade a vehicle in. If you are upside down on it they are not gonna give you the time of day, as they can't.<br><br>Get rid of the trade, talk to them again about invoice pricing, bet you will see a different attitude.<br><br>Good luck!<br><br>Hunter<br><br>
Old 11-18-2002, 11:37 PM

Buzz, man...get a ticket from Greyhound and go to Oklahoma to buy your truck at Mark Roberts [http://www.markroberts.com/] You'll get the beastie for invoice...although he's not &quot;allowed&quot; to tell you that, directly that is!<br><br>I just wish there were a similarly minded dealer up hear in the great white (as of 2 days ago -- 4 inches) north! <br><br>Good luck,<br>DT
Old 11-19-2002, 07:02 AM

Buzz, like others have advised, sell your truck yourself. I put my 96 Chevy PC out on the road, and it was sold in 8 hours. Too bad, now I wait a couple months for the new HD PU.<br><br>Also, check out Autobytel and Costco on line. My local dealer wouldn't even quote me, so I went through Costco and got the invoice like most others. Didn't even have to look the guys in the face- which is an advantage. Dealer is within one hour of home. <br><br>Good Luck.<br><br>