Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   No complaint in this thread!!! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/no-complaint-thread-37732/)

Rusty69 01-21-2004 07:56 AM

No complaint in this thread!!!

With all the moaning and groaning about truck problems. I thought I'd post a thread about my new truck. It now has about 2500 miles on it and the only problem I have is wishing the rain and cold temps would let up a bit so I can wash it again. That's right, not one problem with my truck and I love it. This is by far the best piece of equipment that I have ever owned. Oh and by the way, I love this truck. (did I say that already?)

Lakemann 01-21-2004 08:54 AM

I agree,this is my 3rd CTD and by far its been the best,3200 miles getting ready for my first oil change.Only prob so far is the smell in the cab(knock on wood)

DodgeRamCO42 01-21-2004 01:40 PM

My 03 is nearly seven months old, with 12,600 miles. Absolutely perfect so far. Only problem, as mentioned by another poster, is the cold winter weather which is preventing a wash job. The truck is perfect and I'm as happy (thrilled and excited) with it as the day I bought it.

GrandpasRam 01-21-2004 01:50 PM

I've had the Ebrake replaced twice under warranty, but the current one is showing no signs of failure. 11 months with 14800 miles, and it just keeps getting better. I have had no other problems with mine. My Ebrake is the only one my dealership has installed so far, so it was a training activity for them (could be why the first two didn't hold up). They have replaced the failed ones with no questions asked, and this truck is really the best pickup truck I have ever owned...the moe I drive it, the more I like it.:D

jthorpe 01-21-2004 02:27 PM

Mine is fine :)

Peterbilt 01-21-2004 04:14 PM

Re: No complaint in this thread!!!

Originally posted by Rusty69
With all the moaning and groaning about truck problems. I thought I'd post a thread about my new truck. It now has about 2500 miles on it and the only problem I have is wishing the rain and cold temps would let up a bit so I can wash it again. That's right, not one problem with my truck and I love it. This is by far the best piece of equipment that I have ever owned. Oh and by the way, I love this truck. (did I say that already?)
Tell us how you really feel about your truck ;)

Pete

Stbentoak 01-21-2004 04:52 PM

I agree. I just wish my dealer was as good as the truck. I can't find enough excuses to drive it......

spots 01-21-2004 05:00 PM

Originally posted by GrandpasRam
I've had the Ebrake replaced twice under warranty, but the current one is showing no signs of failure. 11 months with 14800 miles, and it just keeps getting better. I have had no other problems with mine. My Ebrake is the only one my dealership has installed so far, so it was a training activity for them (could be why the first two didn't hold up). They have replaced the failed ones with no questions asked, and this truck is really the best pickup truck I have ever owned...the moe I drive it, the more I like it.:D
How do you screw up an ebrake install???:confused: What component are they replacing. Must be a really competent dealer. Run, run very fast...(errr drive I mean)

Sweeper54 01-21-2004 05:17 PM

This is one sweet ride 2+k on mine, Can't give exact mileage, I know I'm a bad owner. I haven't even checked the fuel mileage yet.

The other moring I was following a Lugging F#rd, not wanting to spend the week GETTING to work I matted it "like I just stold it", from 50 mph just behind him, I was doing 85 in the time it took me to get door to door with this guy. I was looking for the blue Star Wars light you see as they make the jump to "Light Speed", and there's MORE power to come after it's broken in. I gott'a get more insurance.

TURBOJOE 01-21-2004 06:19 PM

Only 1000 miles so far but not one problem. This truck made the Chevy to Dodge switch real easy. Only thing is, I would have ordered 3.73's instead on 4.10's since I do more driving than towing.

dodgedude361 01-21-2004 08:01 PM

i`m getting up neer 18,000 miles:) and notone problem Dang i love this truck.

The other moring I was following a Lugging F#rd, not wanting to spend the week GETTING to work I matted it "like I just stold it", from 50 mph just behind him, I was doing 85 in the time it took me to get door to door with this guy. I was looking for the blue Star Wars light you see as they make the jump to "Light Speed", and there's MORE power to come after it's broken in. I gott'a get more insurance.
couldn`t agree more, i`ll be doing 60 behind a car on my way to work in the morning. then i`ll get an opening to make a pass, man i just press the peddle and with no down shift, i`m doing 80:eek:

did i say i love this truck?

Old School 01-21-2004 09:27 PM

32,500 trouble free, hard pulling, taking the sweet creature for rides, absolutely trouble-free 48RE 3.73 Miles. Well...I guess the fuel guage failed to read correctly for a while.... Impressed with the dealer and service dept. as well.

GrandpasRam 01-22-2004 01:01 PM

Originally posted by spots
How do you screw up an ebrake install???:confused: What component are they replacing. Must be a really competent dealer. Run, run very fast...(errr drive I mean)
Don't know how, but they have made good on it and always do good work on everything else. I had them run my Pyro power wire to a new fuse socket (one of the unused ones) and had no problems. The dealership does my work right,and I have a good relationship with them; they have warrantied seats on my old '99 that others would have charged me for. My reference to the install maybe being done wrong was pure speculation (that why I said MAYBE that was why they didn't last), but it could easily have been defective units from Jacobs; either way, it didn't cost me anything and everything is good now. I'll stay with this dealership until they mess up somehow.

mymaur 01-22-2004 05:30 PM

I've had two 2003's. Between them I have run up 22K miles. 1st truck had the dreaded 2000 rpm vibe, but it got MUCH better with time and I never took it in for that nor anything else.

Truck #2 now has 7K miles on it and zero problems. I have driven CTD's over a million miles since 1990, have had very few problems and wouldn't consider anything else. Good product.

Casey Balvert 01-23-2004 04:33 AM

Mine was one of the first ones built and I have 14,000 miles on it. Other than the TSBs and the dually fenders rubbing the paint, I have had no problems with this truck. Runs and tows great. And the dually fenders were repaired with some sort of special two sided tape. No problems since and later models had the tape installed at the factory.

And everyone keeps saying "NICE TRUCK". :D I am happy.

Casey