3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

No Break or Turn Lights or Tale lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Break or Turn Lights or Tale lights

Ok 2006 Dodge 3500 4x4 Dually 5.9 cummins. Has a CM high end flatbed on it.
When we bought this truck already set im pretty sure all the lights worked. We trailered with it and all the lights worked. NOW they do not and the only thing that was done is it had all injectors replaced 2 weeks ago.

Headlights turned on or park lights on we have ALL lights, BUT no rear turn signles or break lights. On a 2nd note when you first turn the signle on you have you one blink then nothing on the BED. but we do have the cargo light break light when you step on the breaks.

When headlights and park lights are OFF we have NO break or turn signles. We do have the cargo light break light when you step on the breaks.

NO flashers at all when you push the button on the REAR but do on the front

We do have reverse lights.

We have not tried hooking it back up tosee if there is any juice to the plug.

ANY help would be greatful!! cant really drive it at all!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sounds like whoever installed the flat-bed might have done a poor job of wiring. I assume you're not getting the "light out" message and ding on the instrument cluster? I'm guessing you're going to have to get out a test light and start chasing the problem until you find a short or something.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 PM

Why would the lights work when the light lamp is turned on (other than turns and tail) and why would the trailer lights work. I still sware they worked when we were driving it home and i was following it. But we will do more testing tonight and see if there is power. Why would the reverse lights work? humm...
Old 03-19-2013, 01:52 PM

NO light indicators coming on in the truck. This didnt start until after all of the injectors were replaced.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If I recall correctly the trailer light circuit is separate from the body light circuit.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 06 had an issue with no right rear brake or turn signal on trailer lights. There is a seperate trailer light system on the 06(at least on mine for sure). It is controlled by the TIPM. The dealer flashed mine twice but it didnt fix it. Finally said that circut must be burned out in the TIPM. First thing to figure out is how they wired the flatbed. If they wired it to the 2 wire system on the trailer lights instead of the trucks 3 wire system then it may be a TIPM issue sensing a fault and shutting down. Good luck dont know if it helps. Look into a modulite if you find that you need a way to wire trailer lights to the truck system without buying a new TIPM.