Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   New to board, new to Dodge, New to Diesel (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/new-board-new-dodge-new-diesel-49963/)

OOPS 08-27-2004 08:23 PM

New to board, new to Dodge, New to Diesel

Just bought a 04 Dodge 2500 HD. I tow a Toyota Rockcrawling 4 x 4 rig with a flatbed trailer, total weight 7,000 pounds plus . Have been towing it with an 02 Tundra and it was scarey and tearing the Tundra up. So I took the jump to Diesel. First Diesel so I may be asking some dumb questions.[laugh]

CTDinMT 08-27-2004 08:31 PM

Most of us have asked "dumb questions";) . Seriously, 99.9% of the guys around here are here to help each other out. So, we won't give ya a hard time. I have only been driving a CTD for a year now, but DTR has provided me with quite an education over the last year. You'll love the rig and welcome to DTR! -Steve

Tfeore 08-27-2004 08:32 PM

Welcome aboard, you are going to love all three...Congrats on the new rig. These things are awsome.

No dumb questions, ask away people here are real helpful. We are in this thing together to help each other out and learn new things.

tankeryanker 08-27-2004 09:16 PM

Welcome aboard. Great bunch here. Learned alot of helpful info for preserving the best truck I've ever owned.
Fill in your signiture about your truck so when you have questions those in the know will be better able to help. Tranny? gear ratio? any modes?
Don't be shy & have fun, for we are here to help you spend $$$$ [laugh]

torquefan 08-27-2004 09:24 PM

Welcome. I've been working on these trucks almost exclusively for over ten years, and I thought I knew them pretty well, but I've learned quite a few little things from some of the guys on this site, so never be afraid to ask.

Dave

SuperGewl 08-28-2004 01:59 AM

Hey OOPS, get that :D off your face, You are obviously not in your CTD right now[laugh] [laugh]
Welcome to the sight and to the CTD club:cool:

I bet yo just love the difference in the way that CTD handles that load allot better[laugh] [laugh] Actually you may be lucky to even feel it back there[laugh]

Remember the only DUMB question is the one you don't ask[laugh] [laugh]
Welcome again and get some pics posted so we can all have a look see
Also fill out some data on your truck so we can help you better when you decide to ask those questions:confused:

MOPE540 08-28-2004 04:56 AM

I'm new here, and new to the world of diesels too, the information and advice I've seen posted on this site in just a couple of weeks is amazing...these guys really know their stuff..cool site!!!!

Dodgezilla 08-28-2004 05:10 AM

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers!!![eyecrazy]

odie2219 08-28-2004 11:05 AM

Welcome aboard. Ask away, people here love talking about diesels!!!!!

tankeryanker 08-28-2004 05:07 PM

I have the correct answer to any question you want to ask.

Just the other nite I stumbled in the door & the wife asked Where have you been? I answered I don't remember as I passed out on the floor. And that was the correct answer. It just wasn't the one she wanted. Go figure.:rolleyes:

spud 08-28-2004 07:15 PM

For 5000 more

You could of had a ford.[laugh]

Great choice on the dodge cummins. Hope you like it as much as i do mine.:D