3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My baby makes her pictoral debut!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually live outside of Gentry, so I'm in the same county as Garfield! Fayetteville is pretty good -- growing very, very fast!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I would LOVE the dimensions of everything Hohn.

I will have to clear out some space in my gallery for my truck pics. The Power steps and Fluidampr go on today!!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:49 PM

Wink

well I will have to counter with the Onki is all I got.....*yawn*
Old 10-18-2006, 01:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice lookin truck there, Brother.

Gee, what If I spent that kind of money on my (t)rusty 02?

The MC looks good on 20s, but 33s are too short, imo on that size wheel. I'd either go with 35s on 20s, or 33s on 18s, but I'm **** like that and you prefer a little more of the low-pro look than I.

I figured you'd do something mo-beddah for tunes, and you didn't disappoint. I've never heard the Focal seps, but they must be primo if you got 'em. I'd do 8s or 10s for subs, not 12s-- but I like the tighter hit of smaller lighter subs, and I'm willing to give up the last couple hz to get that.

YOu got the looks and tunes down, now you gotta fix that lack of HP!! For REAL! Crank the wick up until it will get sideways at 40mph-- then go another 100hp

The Smarty will be the end of you-- the power delivery is a drug that no one can resist.

Nice truck. I'm missing mine more and more. Hey, it's only 3 years, right??

While I'm in hawaii, I'll be rolling in late-80s import style. $3K doesn't buy much these days on the island Then there's always the Hayabusa option...

I'll call you once we get settled in over there. For now, I can just say I'm sick of roadtripping, and LA isn't for me. In fact, all of SoCal is just a foreign country to me, but that's another rant....

Aloha--
Old 10-18-2006, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Yes, I was wondering if the W7s would hit the backs of the seats, but they are on a pretty good angle aren't they ? How much clearance do you have between a fully reclined seat and the farthest the sub extends? And how deep is the box that's in there?

Again, congrats on a great truck! We need to get these modded Megacabs together for a photoshoot!
I have a 12L7 in mine love it I remember we tried lots of speakers but didnt have enough room I wanted to be able to recline the seats still
Old 10-18-2006, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
I have a 12L7 in mine love it I remember we tried lots of speakers but didnt have enough room I wanted to be able to recline the seats still
12L7 as in Kicker's Solobaric L7's ?
Old 10-18-2006, 03:09 PM

That's tight!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:07 PM
cja

Very nice!! But are you really diggin' the wood trim? How 'bout an aftermarket trim kit...http://www.mimousa.com/home.asp?dir=products&prod=136. Just tryin' to help spend the boss's money.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:18 PM

Wink

Justin,
The 33"s were bought when the truck was stock height, otherwise I probably would have gone with a taller tire, but Melanie being pregnant has a REAL hard time getting into the truck as it is!! The boss originally wanted to go with a 6" lift, but I told him that the 3" was plenty for me....

The 12s actually sound really tight with the tremendous crossover tuning ability of that Kenwood screen. I was going to get an external crossover (much like I had in my old show cars) but after seeing what the decks can do now, it was tuned right! I really can chatter my ears when I want to, or with a touch of a button, mix it in perfectly with the mids and highs that can blend in the best classic rock to sound great!

The smarty is on the Christmas list. I think the boss is going to give us $1000 to play with a piece and I think that is what I am going to use mine on....I am sure that a new tranny will be right behind it...

blessings on the move, and hope all is well in Hawaii
Old 10-18-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by cja
Very nice!! But are you really diggin' the wood trim? How 'bout an aftermarket trim kit...http://www.mimousa.com/home.asp?dir=products&prod=136. Just tryin' to help spend the boss's money.
You are right, I think I might look into a chrome or carbon fiber kit!!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Boz007
... May i suggest though, get yourself the factory dash piece that came with the factory navigation. Itll get rid of the volume **** cutouts (itll also get rid of the cubby hole directly underneath and i dont know if thats a big deal to you or not). Thats what ill be doing when i replace mine with a very similar unit to yours.
Any pointers on where to get the factory dash piece with the factory navigation?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:06 PM

I love it! if you wanted do you think mud flaps woulod fit in the front? What is the backspacing on the wheels?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:16 AM

12L7 as in Kicker's Solobaric L7's ?
yes sir sorry I didnt say kicker
Old 10-19-2006, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
yes sir sorry I didnt say kicker
No problem. Fortunately I am fluent in Car Audio!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:42 AM

No problem. Fortunately I am fluent in Car Audio!
That is a good thing. What I did was one 12 behind the smaller seat so the big seat would have full recline. The small seat only has one or two clicks on the recline. But I wanna make some changes again I need some more bump like what I got in my boat.. You know how it is never satisfied...

Quick Reply: My baby makes her pictoral debut!!