Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/)
-   -   money to spend (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-generation-ram-non-drivetrain-all-years-101/money-spend-184124/)

redneckwilly 12-25-2007 10:28 PM

money to spend

i got some gift certificates and a bonus for christmas totalling about a grand. I was just wondering what kind of accesories i should look into buying to make my truck more pleasing to the eye. The truck is in good shape, i have the chrome grill, tinted windows, a tool box and running boards already. oh and chrome is good

n2moto 12-26-2007 04:07 AM

Big chrome front end cow catcher with lights. A couple of chrome air horns on the roof. Chrome the fuel filler cover. Some cab lights and lots of running board lights. Some lights in the under the fenders maybe purple in color. A chrome sun visor with lights. A couple of CB antennas. A pair of dual 7" stacks. I'm not sure how much they cost but how about some of those spinner wheels, or some 22" wheels would fit right in too.

'strokeThis_'07 12-26-2007 11:36 AM

You guys should switch usernames...he sounds more redneck than you!! Haha j/k. Depends on what you like. You like stacks? That might be a nice option. Wheels/tires go a loooonnnnggg way in improving looks and function (stock tires suck in snow) Its hard to say because everybody has different ideas of what looks good...

'strokeThis_'07 12-26-2007 11:36 AM

You guys should switch usernames...he sounds more redneck than you!! Haha j/k. Depends on what you like. You like stacks? That might be a nice option. Wheels/tires go a loooonnnnggg way in improving looks and function (stock tires suck in snow) Its hard to say because everybody has different ideas of what looks good...

'strokeThis_'07 12-26-2007 11:38 AM

Dang, can an admin please delete the duplicate post and this one as well??

Rednecktastic 12-26-2007 11:49 AM

Tires (285/75/17 toyo M/T)
or
Smarty Jr./gauges.

Used Chrome Grill Guard to accompany your other mod.

redneckwilly 12-26-2007 11:51 AM

i was thinkin stacks would be good, but i have been in the market for new rims and tires.....There are way too many choices, and it's a very big decision. I guess everything will be done sooner or later but i want the best thing first.

Rednecktastic 12-26-2007 12:14 PM

thousand bones will get you halfway there on rims and tires.

n2moto 12-26-2007 12:32 PM

Oh I forgot you can put on those chrome bars that mount to the top of the bed. Another option is to put on a hard cover over the bed and then you can put on a wing with lights and the bull hauler 7" stacks.

Hey Stroke this it's not redneck where I'm from it's TACO [yuk][laugh]

snoyes 12-26-2007 01:21 PM

Chrome covers on the door handles/tailgate and possible lockable fuel cap in chrome. Maybe a chrome bug deflector, mag hytec front and rear diff covers. Top it off with a chrome 5 inch tip for the exhaust? Just some ideas...

redneckwilly 12-26-2007 04:32 PM

well i'm not gonna put a hard cover over the bed cause that would be totally useless when hauling with the goose neck and the wing would just wreck the truck in my opinion, but the chrome door handles and the diff covers would be an idea i think i am going to go with and save the rest for rims and tires later on. thanks for all the ideas

Shagginwagon 12-26-2007 05:07 PM

Smarty and gauges!

redneckwilly 12-27-2007 09:52 PM

bye bye tranny

Rednecktastic 12-28-2007 11:02 PM

So you think that'll burn up your transmission? [laugh] Possibility!

redneckwilly 12-31-2007 02:09 AM

well i bought the afe stage 2 and im saving the rest for a good tranny someday